Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: new quesiton, what is the reliabilty of the Eagle Industries/Arma lite? b/c this gun basically looks like its never been shot. although i think it is a kit/project gun b/c it is .223 but the lower is stamped 5.56. so this i know, the lower is eagle industries. upper, i dont know yet.

hey all,

just checked out a Eagle Arms A2 at my local gun store. they had it for $899. they said this thing was used but it looked impeccable. i mean perfect. now i read the buyers guide posted in here and this gun seemed to carry all the right aspects according to that. and had a beautifully done feed ramp.

now im wondering who is eagle arms and is this price fair? im looking to purchase my first ar style gun for home defense and the fact i may never get one if i dont do it now. price is a factor. im not in the market to buy one but feel i should do it now before its too late. im a 25yr old with 2 kids so price is a factor, i still have to feed my little mouths, but protecting them is my first priority also.

help this AR newb out,

thanks guys

·
Registered
337 Posts
hiya bd, seems like the locals here in lakeland got a case of price creep. can't find anything less than a grand right now... maybe just need to come to orl for a minute...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I bought this from Florida Gun Exchange in Port Orange for $1,000 without the Eotech, of course.

Rock River Arms LAR15 with their free float quad rail.

Shameless picture of how it looks now !! :D

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hiya bd, seems like the locals here in lakeland got a case of price creep. can't find anything less than a grand right now... maybe just need to come to orl for a minute...
yea, i also found a S&W M&P ar (m4 style) for $922. but it doesnt have any optics or iron sights. just the rail on top. i like the A2 style better with long but stock(im 6'4) and place for cleaning kit too. plus fixed sights. when i was in the army thats all i used anyways. i didnt like my CCO.

·
Registered
337 Posts
yea, i also found a S&W M&P ar (m4 style) for $922. but it doesnt have any optics or iron sights. just the rail on top. i like the A2 style better with long but stock(im 6'4) and place for cleaning kit too. plus fixed sights. when i was in the army thats all i used anyways. i didnt like my CCO.
used or new?

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
hey all,

just checked out a Eagle Arms A2 at my local gun store.

now im wondering who is eagle arms and is this price fair?

thanks guys

Eagle Arms is the company who bought the name ARmalite from the original ARmalite company.

They still produce parts with the Eagle Arms name as stripped receivers.
Since the shop said it was used, I would imagine that somebody put that rifle together and it is not a factory built piece.

$899 is way too much, you can get a new factory built Stag for around $850 or less.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
$899 is way too much, you can get a new factory built Stag for around $850 or less.
I agree completely. I mean $100 more and you could have a RRA rifle like mine with a quad rail already on it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
btw, thumper is a jerk for his awesome pics...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree completely. I mean $100 more and you could have a RRA rifle like mine with a quad rail already on it.
where can i get something like this??? im looking to spend no more than $1000.00

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also, 5.56 and .223??? either round can be shot in either rifle right?

like if the lower is stamped 5.56 you can shoot .223 in it no probs and vice versa?

correct me if im an idiot and im wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I would also agree,
Prices about $100 too high.

See if the shop will haggle on price a bit. Make them an offer, see if they will throw in some ammo and a few mags?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would also agree,
Prices about $100 too high.

See if the shop will haggle on price a bit. Make them an offer, see if they will throw in some ammo and a few mags?

thanks for the heads up. i have 35 mags already from when i was in the army so i dont need any of those. alot of them are brand new. the ammo wouldnt hurt though!

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
also, 5.56 and .223??? either round can be shot in either rifle right?

like if the lower is stamped 5.56 you can shoot .223 in it no probs and vice versa?

correct me if im an idiot and im wrong.

What is the BARREL stamped ?
Doesn't matter what is marked on the lower receiver.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the BARREL stamped ?
Doesn't matter what is marked on the lower receiver.
gotcha. so if its 5.56 on the bble then 5.56 only and vice versa

·
Registered
337 Posts
It's my understanding that a 5.56 can shoot 223, but 223 can shoot 5.56... once....

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
5.56 chambet will shoot 5.56 and .223

.223 chamber will shoot .223

wylde chamber will shoot both

the lower could be marked "Plasma Rifle" :lol:

thank you!

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Eagle Arms makes Armalite brand AR15s... or visa versa?

The price seems a bit high for a used AR15. I paid less than that for my new RRA 9mm and much less than that for my kit AR.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts