Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be finally buying my AR15 tomorrow or this week. I'm going to be getting the RRA Entry Tactical with their free float tube and it's supposed to have the Eotech mount but I'm not so sure if they know what they are talking about ... :lol: Anyways ... I want to get a Eotech, of course. I have no idea what the difference is between them other than the fact some of them have night vision and some don't. I don't need it. What can you recommend that I get? I did search, I know the answer is there, but I can't find it. Otherwise, I'm estatic about getting it. I'm going to buy the front hand guard, Eotech, and hopefully a "torch" hooked into the front forward grips pressure sensor. I've waited long enough and I'm going to finally pull the trigger.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Basically, the 550 series (military) is NV compatible. The 510 series is not. The 510 series can be had with a few different reticles, I like the 65 MOA ring with a dot. The only other difference is batteries. Some take "N" batteries, with about 200 hours of operating time. The AA battery version has about 1000 hours of time, and AA batteries are a lot easier to get (and cheaper). I think they make one now that takes CR123 batteries, but I'd stick with the AA version. check out Quality optics and accessories from Leupold, Bushnell, Burris, Nikon and more! and click on EOtech.

--John

·
Registered
58 Posts
You definitely want an Eotech with "revision level F", as rev-Fs have a sharper reticle and longer battery life.

The best price I have been able to find for a new rev-F model is here. $397 shipped isn't bad at all.

Eotech Holographic Sight 512 AA style Batteries Eotech Tactical Scope Eotech Sight Eotech 512 FREE SHIPPING FREE SCOPECOAT: Nightvision Sales

I'm assuming you want a model that takes AAs? If not that same website has good deals on the other models as well.

My brother ordered an Eotech from Night Vision Sales, great service. Order with confidence. They even throw in free shipping, and give you a free neoprene cover for the Eotech.

:D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
best price ive found is $410 shipped with GG&G accucam and flip up lense covers from GG&G website hey its $13 more buy you get a $65 mount and $30 set of lense covers
if you don't need the NV capabilities get the 512 its a great optic

as far as it coming with a EoTech mount im not sure what they are talking about unless they are saying it will come with a RRA dominator II eotech riser with BUIS the Eotech has a built in rail mount that just screws down to the uppers rail. it wouldn't make sense that they would would give you a rail not knowing what optic you would be purchasing later.

sounds to me like they may be trying to push the rail feature

with a flat top you can mount virtually any optic to it
with the right set of mounts.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I ended up getting the Eotech 512 AA. I'll post some pictures. I'm trying to get the damn battery door open. Do they glue these things together or what !? LOL Any hints or tricks? .. or is it just really hard to get off the first time or something?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nevermind, got it. It was REALLY stuck on there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts