Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a lot of people lately going out to buy AR's and other things they think will be banned. Why are they going to dealers to do this? Why not buy one from a private party? If Obama is going to come collect weapons, they'll know they have them because they bought it from a dealer who has to keep the record for 5 years. Unless of course they turn around and sell it, but that's unlikely.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I've noticed a lot of people lately going out to buy AR's and other things they think will be banned. Why are they going to dealers to do this? Why not buy one from a private party? If Obama is going to come collect weapons, they'll know they have them because they bought it from a dealer who has to keep the record for 5 years. Unless of course they turn around and sell it, but that's unlikely.
I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of gun shops that have catastrophic accidental fires that consume everything in the store, including all records if word started to get around that the feds were collecting dealer records. I might be wrong, but I think my favorite gun shop would be one of them.

Most people aren't worried that they will collect these weapons, they believe the new AWB will be much like the old AWB. They are purchasing while the price is low and manufacture is still legal.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Quick Answer:

Good Question. They should.

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of gun shops that have catastrophic accidental fires that consume everything in the store, including all records if word started to get around that the feds were collecting dealer records. I might be wrong, but I think my favorite gun shop would be one of them.

Most people aren't worried that they will collect these weapons, they believe the new AWB will be much like the old AWB. They are purchasing while the price is low and manufacture is still legal.
That's a possibility. I was just thinking of getting one, but don't really want to hope someone's business goes up in flames.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Big deal ... Law enforcement won't enforce it if he tries to come pick them up. Someone posted the same thing up the other day. I've got a lot of friends in law enforcement here in Florida and they all said the same thing. They'll go "try" to pick up the guns but they won't ever bring any back with them.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Big deal ... Law enforcement won't enforce it if he tries to come pick them up. Someone posted the same thing up the other day. I've got a lot of friends in law enforcement here in Florida and they all said the same thing. They'll go "try" to pick up the guns but they won't ever bring any back with them.
A friend of mine is going to be sworn in next year, and he said if he was asked, he would probably refuse. He also said that a few of his LEO friends said that a majority of the officers there would not "enforce" it. They would probably say "ok", but come back with nothing.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

That's why Obamma needs his national security force that will be equally manned, armed and equipped as the military is.

As long as your state has no requirement for you to document a private sale, just "sell" your guns before they are banned.

Anyone comes to your door looking for them, "I'm sorry I sold those last year."

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bought an AR on Tuesday, private party, cash.

·
Registered
193 Posts

That's where I fall. This country was founded on the 2A and I don't think that anyone will ever get the support to pass legislation to take guns away from law abiding citizens and if some how that did happen then **it would really hit the fan. I do however think that the Clinton AWB will go back in place very very quickly now and there will probably be some "new additions" to that legislation and they'll probably cook up some dumb sh*t like making ammo unaffordable, but who knows...

either way, better to stock while you know you can rather than wait till it's too late.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That's where I fall. This country was founded on the 2A and I don't think that anyone will ever get the support to pass legislation to take guns away from law abiding citizens and if some how that did happen then **it would really hit the fan. I do however think that the Clinton AWB will go back in place very very quickly now and there will probably be some "new additions" to that legislation and they'll probably cook up some dumb sh*t like making ammo unaffordable, but who knows...

either way, better to stock while you know you can rather than wait till it's too late.
That's pretty much the boat I'm in. The time before they TAKE my guns isn't as near as the time that they make it harder to buy them. My biggest reasoning for wanting guns now is that I may not be able to get them later (at an affordable price).

At least in the near future any ban will have a grandfather clause. If the day DOES come that they try to take all guns/assault weapons/whatever, things are going to become a mess... now to mention there's NO way they'll be able to get as many as they would expect.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Too many guys are suiting up and putting their armadillo helmets on a little early. Everyone needs to relax ...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
That's why Obamma needs his national security force that will be equally manned, armed and equipped as the military is.

As long as your state has no requirement for you to document a private sale, just "sell" your guns before they are banned.

gotta love idaho. i sold all mine. ;)

if confiscations do happen go dig a deep hole and throw them in and mark the spot with a GPS

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I bought an AR on Tuesday, private party, cash.
but with this post you pretty much so left a trail that says you have one.

as for me i i had a bunch of guns and i was taking them all out for a boat ride when some senile old lady cut across my left creating a huge swell that capsized my boat in the middle of grand lake, i tried to get them before they hit the bottom but no such luck. Oh well i guess ill have to live without my guns. it truly was a horrific boating accident.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
but with this post you pretty much so left a trail that says you have one.

as for me i i had a bunch of guns and i was taking them all out for a boat ride when some senile old lady cut across my left creating a huge swell that capsized my boat in the middle of grand lake, i tried to get them before they hit the bottom but no such luck. Oh well i guess ill have to live without my guns. it truly was a horrific boating accident.

Dude, what about the boat? Did you at least save the boat?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

if Obama tried something like this im sure the streets would be painted red with blood of both patriots and tyrants

we as Americans know far to well what happens when we our leaders start trying to collect all the guns.

our military leaders may have to answer to the commander in chief but first and for most they are sworn to uphold and defend the constitution of the united states of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
They won't sell privately because on the eve of a possible AWB and the availiblity going down. They will be precious commodities and nobody will want to sell them because they can't get it back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts