Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was just wondering how often you cleaned the area where the firing pin was kept, i try to do it every 500-600 rounds I was wondering if you guys did this after each shoot, never, or once in awhile.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I think a few times some has run in there, will that cause a big problem?
Technically no, not if it just ran in there, but here's the thing, oil makes dirt and carbon stick to the surface and can gum up the channel causing issues.

Best thing to do is clean it completely dry and reassemble, or spray it clean with gun scrubber.

The other thing is, if oil has "run" in there, then you are probably over oiling or oiling the wrong places.

Ill try and post up a chart here in a little bit.

I say clean the striker channel, replace the roll pin and inspect everything as you go.

Its good to know how your pistol works anyway.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I'm not sure how many rounds I have through my XD9sc. I lost count after 2000 so let just say 2000+ a lot rounds, and I've only cleaned that area once with breakfree and blew it out with compressed air. Never have had any problems. Lately I've switched all my pistols and rifles(including my M1 Garand) over to Molykote dry lube with some great results. I spray some into a cap and then apply to the normal areas with a Qtip or 1/4" artist paint brush.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts