Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Crossbreed Supertuck IWB today (combat grip) for my XD-9 4" Service Model and of course I tried it out immediately.

By the way, that company works fast: I'm half a globe away from them and yet the package arrived in a week!

Anyway, the only concern I have is that when I hold the holster in my hand with the gun in the holster fully loaded (16 + 1) and turn the holster upside down the gun falls out.

Is this supposed to happen? The tightness of the holster does not seem to be adjustable. My very basic IPSC Fobus holster is adjustable and I've adjusted it so that even if I dangle it upside down with the gun inside the gun won't slip out.

I'm just a bit concerned that if, for example, I end up on my back in a fight the gun might fall out.

An added concern is that leather (of which the "back plate" is made) has a tendency to mold/loosen up a bit over time/in use and this might further loosen the retention of the holster.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris

PS. Otherwise the holster seems excellent.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Funny this came up. I just filed away my instructions that came with my holster.

They recommend taking a cool washrag and placing it on the clips, and covering the kydex except for the indention on the trigger guard.

Slowly heat the kydex with a hair dryer and press down on the area a little (with the gun UNLOADED in the holster).

You can do the same thing on the indention around the ejection port as well.

If the kydex gets glossy looking, it is too hot, stop before you melt it.

Thats just a quick reply and I'm sure you could find a better description if you search or look on the crossbreed website.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have found that the retention gets much better when it is actually on your waist. When you have it layed out flat the retention seems poor but when you put it on your curved waist it takes up the slack, so to speak.

·
Registered
815 Posts
^.yes
With the retention added by ur waistband and ur belt, it should be much improved. if still not up to par, CB inlcudes very simple instructions on how to fix you retention problem. they evn say if you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself u can send it back and they will do it for you!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, I see. Thanks a lot for the info guys! Should've bothered to read the instructions. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The retention is adjusted by using a hair dryer to heat the center of the trigger guard area. Simply get is warm enough to be soft and push the dimple in the center of the trigger guard in more to tighten the retention. That is all that is needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts