Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just picked up the case for my new XD. I found it for a dirt cheap $38 on walmart.com. As the title says it's the Quick Fire QF300-SXD. Here's a link to it: Quick Fire Springfield XD Pistol Case, QF300-SXD - Walmart.com

It's a solid, Pelican-style case (waterproof, hard shell, etc.) and has the foam pre-cut for the XD. Photos are attached.

The foam insert fits the XD and two magazines perfectly. It lifts out and there's an opening underneath for accessories. It's the perfect size for an extra magazine, a box of ammo, and a magazine loader.

I wasn't expecting much for $38 bucks, but this case is very, very nice. It feels sturdy and fits all my gear.

No, I don't work for Quick Fire or Walmart. I'm a brand new XD owner and was looking for a Pelican-type case that didn't break the bank.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a really nice case!
I'm not exactly an expert (the case I have for my .357 is a cheapie) but it looks and feels well made! I'm also extra happy I don't have to worry about cutting any foam to fit the pistol. Fits like a glove!

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
That Case looks like it's a proprietary XD Case. It looks really nice......I like the little storage space.

·
Registered
29,825 Posts
Those are universal cut outs. It'll fit a Glock just as easily...

Personally, I can't stand huge bulky cases like that. I'm usually bring 2-3 pistols to the range, minimum; no way I want to lug 3 cases like this along.

Give me gun rugs that I can just put in my range bag any day.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Kinda. The case is universal fit but according to their web page, you select the foam inserts that are for a particular gun which is apparently what Walmart has done. Current available inserts are for various Glock models, 1911's and XD's. I also don't use the fancy hard case that came with my XDM but it is a nice thing to have.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Personally, I can't stand huge bulky cases like that. I'm usually bring 2-3 pistols to the range, minimum; no way I want to lug 3 cases like this along.

Well, to each his own. I like it, my wife likes it...works for us. Since we only have two guns, it's not an issue for us, and the case is surprisingly small.

I was looking at their multi-gun cases...like this one, but larger and with slots for 2, 4 or even 6. If I end up with several to take I might go that way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't use the XDm Case that came with the XD either.....I bought a little case from Walmart..........The Protector Series...........The XDm9 Fits just fine.....

Plano Protector Series Four Pistol Case - Walmart.com

View attachment 154305 View attachment 154313
That's the case I currently use for my revolver. Cheap but functional. Can't argue with what works.

I've only seen pictures of the cases the XDs used to come with (custom foam cutouts, holster, mag holder). Compared to what they come with now those cases are pretty nice. Mine came in a thin plastic-moulded case, no foam.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That Case looks like it's a proprietary XD Case. It looks really nice......I like the little storage space.
Looking at the cutout I'd say it's cut to fix an XD of up to 5" barrel length. Mine's a 4" service model, so there's a bit of empty space at the barrel end, but it doesn't bother me. The case is small, which means the extra storage is pretty small too. I don't have a dual magazine holder or holster, but I'd say both would fit with nothing else in there. Right now I just have my extra mag and mag loader, and it still has room for a box of ammo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Here are a couple of quick side-by-sides of my old "cheapie" case and the new one. The Quick fire case is thicker, but narrower.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts