Springfield XD Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gun broker is nice, but when you factor in shipping and FFL transfer it's almost a wash. It's a better deal though if you don't mind the wait.

·
Registered
149 Posts
advantage or disadvantage I do not know.

The 4 inch service model is heavier than the glock 23 by about 6 oz if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Luv my XD! Yes, around $400 is fair I think. I opted for the stainless slide in hopes to reduce any surface rust and wear, although like most will tell you, keep her clean and you shouldn't have a problem. XD's do have great grip angles. Did I mention that I Luv my XD!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The only "advantages" I would cite over Glock would be.

* Fully supported chamber (Glocks are only partially supported in the 6 o'clock position.) This may or may not be an issue, but if you plan to reload this is extra piece of mind.

* Ambidextrous mag release (again you can mag release w/ either hand w/ a glock, it is just a little awkward, me being ambidextrous I like this)

* Metal free sliding magazines. as opposed to plastic mags you sometimes have to jerk out.

Besides that it is sort of a draw, I like the triger pull moderately better than a glock but that is personal, I "hate" the grip angle of a glock, but again that is personal preference. Teardown procedure is only minimally more complicated in a glock so it is a non-issue.

Both are great guns and you'd be happy w/ either.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
XD's have taken way off nowdays.....so findin accessories is a snap now. Whatever you can think of that a Glock would have on it, you can now get it for XD.
If that makes any sense.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.