Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few questions about conversion barrels that I have.

1. In your experiences what are the best drop in conversion barrels that you have used? Are there any downfalls to any specific manufacturers Barsto, EFK etc.

2. Is it more ideal to purchase 9mm mags? Do the mags fit? OE or atermarket mags, is there any difference?

3. Would you use a converion barrel gun for CCW use?

4. Would you use a converted XD as your primary carry service weapon?
Or would you get a pistol originally designed for that specific caliber?

Thanks for the replies in advance! This is something that I am contemplating before I redo part of my academy certifications. All the info you can give me will be very usefull.

Lastly, ponder this----- If every good citizen was allowed to obtain a CCW permit, how would this effect society as we know it? Taking into consideration that everyone of them would have to have the proper training and qualify regularly. Lets hear some thoughts on this. What do the LEO members think of this?

See you on the flip side!

Tim 8) :

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump....... Common anyone have info?

·
Registered
539 Posts
It is better to purchase 9mm mags. That way you can be assured of reliability.

The factory mags are higher quality than the Promags, by all accounts.

I would only use my conversion barrel for the Range and plinking, because mine is an XD357, and I'd rather carry 357 Sig, especially since it's the original factory setup and more reliable.

I also wouldn't use my conversion barrel for CCW because it's a 5" ported Barrel in a 4" Pistol.

Every good (adult) Citizen in Oklahoma IS allowed to get a Concealed Carry Permit. Hard to tell what kind of impact it's had overall. No Sensational stories of CCW Heroics in the News here, or anti CCW News either, for that matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts