Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am thinking about buying an xd9 sc. I shot 50 rounds through my friends xd and it was very accurate. I have never been that accurate with a handgun before. Anyway, looking at Carter's Country in Houston I found an XD9 SC for $449. I know kinda high. I've seen them at gun shows for $389, but the mayor canceled all of the big shows due to the Katrina evacuees staying at various convention centers around town. Would you pay $449 for the XD9 SC? Then my other question is that I've seen other guns around that same price range or less than the xd. How do the FNP 9, Baby Eagle 9, or SW Sigma 9 compare to the XD? If I had the money I'd get the HK USPc 9, but I can buy almost 2 XD's for one of the HK's. Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Get an XD, I paid 480 for mine at my local dealer and I thought that was a deal. At the time, the springfield website the retail price was a little over 500 anyway. You'll be happy with it.

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
I paid $425 for mine (new). I've got a dealer nearby that sells on gunbroker.com. I took his auction price in & he matched it, plus I didn't have to pay shipping or any of the secondary expenses of going through a 3rd party with an FFL.

I think you're price sounds slightly high, but reasonable.

As to whether you go with other options, it's up to you man. I found the XDSC the best priced, best quality gun for my needs - but I've also got others. It has proven to be my favorite carry weapon, which is why I bought it. I've had no reliability issues. And it fits well in my hand and is comfortable to use.

·
Registered
885 Posts
bjo said:
Anyway, looking at Carter's Country in Houston I found an XD9 SC for $449.......Would you pay $449 for the XD9 SC?
Take that $449 price to Gander Mountain. They should match it and apply the difference.
Last time I looked, G.M. had XD SC's for $469.

That should put the sale price at $429.

$469 GM price
-$449 CC price
-------
$20 price difference

$449 price matched GM price
- $20 subtract the difference
------
$429 total sale price

That is how Gander Mountain's price match guaranty works.

Sometimes GM will look through the sale adds from CC and mark their prices to match so they don't have to apply the difference. But it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
I've shot 870 rounds thru my XD-9sc and I love it! I's my only handgun, and I use it for target practice and HD/SD.

I picked mine up a few months ago for $420 (new in box, came w/ a 15 rnd high cap mag, and a regular 10 rnd mag).

I got my fiancee one a few weeks ago. It was "used but never fired" and was $330.

My FFL friend can get a black XD-9sc w/ three 16 rnd mags and a holster for $500.

Welcome to the world of XD!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Geez! Where are you guys getting these great prices at? My local gun shop is selling it for 489 and I thought that was good! I wonder where in NJ I can get it for a good price....

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
Search Gunborker.com. I just did and found 3 at $405. You need to add shipping, plus get with your local shops (i.e., someone with an FFL) and find out how much it is to do a transfer. It's area and dealer dependent. I've had them quote here from $25 - $35.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just looked at one up here in the "not yet frozen tundra" at a Gander Mountain it was used for $389, would have picked it up, but I wanted a 40S&W. I think the new ones were going for $469? I have 3 or 4 more GMs to check out tomorrow. That was still $100 cheeper then the GLOCKs, both new and used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BudsGunShop.com (no connection) has the 3" 9 in the "package" with 3 mags, holster, etc. in black for $405 and in bi-tone for $427. They're often a good place for quick price checks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
WOW! They have the .40 XD Service in black for $392!!! Just a matter of how in the HELL would I get that into New Jersey, probably have to have it sent to a dealer here, huh? Thats probably a pain in the arse.... Hmmm...

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
It shouldn't be hard. Contact local dealer, then buy online and have it sent to dealer. Seems pretty easy to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts