Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

i am looking at buying a new XD 9mm BiTone. anyone have any thoughts about if it is better or worse than the all black. and does anyone have any other information about either of these two choices. this is my first handgun. thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
well i have my xd40 service in bitone and i love it. I chose to go with it because i know that the standard slides do not have as resilient a finish as say the glocks do, and i noticed that the xd my buddy had showed signs of wear pretty early on even with decent care. So i figured why not spend the extra 30 and get a gun with a little more bling, that may be a little easier to maintain, that also makes it easier to tell when i haven't done a good enough job cleaning.

now i'm debating on whether to get a matching sc in bitone or get an hk usp compact in the bitone(while there are still some out there).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys that helps....have any of you ever taken any classes on firearms? are there any other must knows about handguns?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Skootter22 said:
Thanks guys that helps....have any of you ever taken any classes on firearms? are there any other must knows about handguns?
Start with the NRA's Basic Pistol Class. It is a great introduction to handgun use and saftey.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
86 Posts
You could always buy a blued one and have it hard chromed. The hard chroming I think looks a tad better than the bi tone and you get the same effect and a harder finish.

Thats what I wound up doing. I got a killer deal on a blued model and will just wind up spending the $75 to have it hard chromed. (got the pistol for dealer cost $385)

·
Registered
212 Posts
In Ohio the CCW class is the NRA basic pistol course with a section of the law added in. Great class to take even for a experienced shooter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how do all of you find these great prices....every where i look the price for black or bi-tone is around $500. thanks for all of the info about the classes.

·
Registered
513 Posts
In Kansas City they run anywhere from $429 to $500. I guess that alot of Dealers have not been having trouble selling them at an inflated cost. Cabela's in Kansas City, Kansas has them for $439.00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts