Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I went to the range with my two cousins. I had my sub9 and they had a glock19 and a Berretta do not know the model think 92F. At the end of the day while they were cleaning their guns i noticed that their guide rods were made out of plastic as opposed to mine which is made of metal. Does this not matter at all or is it that those companys make their guns out of cheaper parts or what? Does it matter if the guide rod is made of plastic?

·
Registered
214 Posts
not familiar with the 92F myself, but if the US military has used it as its issue sidearm under the M9 designation, it cant be a detrimental feature. i like steel better too. :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
A good design with plastic would not be inherently bad, but having a steel guiderod would put weight where it is useful, and it would ultimately be more durable.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
My Sig SP2340 has a plastic guidrod and a flat wound spring. I have never had a problem with it and these guns are known for their durability.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
It seems that the factory supplied recoil assemblies have a tendency to come apart during use. Also it makes it possible to custom tune your recoil spring by using Wolff Springs. This some have found to relieve harsh recoil issues and also cuts down on frame wear tehreby prolonging the usefull life of the firearm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts