Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly what you think, so relax....:) I realize we have all been through a lot regarding this.

1. I just want to know if there have been any failures or anything else people have experienced using the PRP pins (not stock ones).

2. Thinking about things logically, if they are in fact "stronger" than the stock ones, wouldn't they damage the striker as has been discussed previously for the same reason to not get a solid pin, but rather something that can absorb the shock of the striker?

I have 2 XD9's and have experienced no issues, but am thinking of swapping them out just because.

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put in a PRP pin when I got my XD40sc (before the gun had even been fired) and have 6100 rounds and countless dry-fires so far. Being rather anal, I pull the pin out about every 500 rounds to clean the striker, channel, striker safety, and also to inspect everything for wear or damage since I carry this gun all the time.

All the components are still in like-new condition including the PRP pin. There is NO indication of unusual wear or damage to the striker.

I have the complete PRP trigger kit and could not be happier.

Take care,
Bugs

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
I think you're over-analyzing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts