Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Of course it holds up. I doubt you'll need to replace it anytime within the lifetime of your pistol, unless you're REALLY shooting that much. WIll probably hold up well into the 10's of thousands of rounds, if not hundreds of thousands.
+1

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
does that thin barrel hold up?
is it something I will have to replace quickly?
The Sig P220 barrel is as thin or thinner, it'll be fine.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have worked on countless 45acps, and 99% of them were barrel issues, that's why I asked.

I've been reworking an old high standard sportking that someone really let go to the dogs,I have the grips repaired and debating on rebluing or dura-coat being I'm not selling it anyway. Thought of a duo tone on it, od green and black, its got fake stag grips on it now. may even do them in earth brown.

So far I am impressed with the xd/45, its lighter then expected, fits my hand extremely well, that recoil spring system is tighter then priest collar when trying to get it into slide lock position, or it just may be me. I have muscular dystrophy and don't have the strength I used to in my hands.

I like the feel,looks,and preformance so far

·
Registered
432 Posts
LOL! Kaboom, I think that's the wrong link.

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

:lol:

·
Registered
609 Posts
lmao, now that is one funny video

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
If it does, SA will replace it for free I believe, lifetime warranty and all

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
My barrel seems pretty beefy. If my XD45's barrel is thin for a semi-auto's barrel, what gun is a good example of a 'thick' barrel? I just want to see the difference.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
My barrel seems pretty beefy. If my XD45's barrel is thin for a semi-auto's barrel, what gun is a good example of a 'thick' barrel? I just want to see the difference.
The 9mmSC is pretty thick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts