Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new XDS 4.0 to the range today for the first time. I previously sent the gun to PRP for installation of the spring kit and Tru Glo TFO's. The trigger is great and the gun is very accurate. I experienced no FTF or FTE's in shooting ~50 rounds. I really like the pistol. That said, I did experience an anomaly, with the slide locked to the rear, each time I inserted a fully loaded magazine and banged it into place with the palm of my non shooting hand the slide released and chambered a round without the magazine release button being depressed. Does anyone know why this is happening and what is causing the slide to release when the magazine is banged home?

I took several other pistols (G19, G42, S&W 1911) with me and loaded them in the same manner and none of the slides released when their magazines were banged home.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My Glocks would do that every once in a while. Mostly during qualification which I liked because it sped up the reload. How hard are you inserting the mag?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
599 Posts
Did you contacted PRP about this! maybe the slide release wasn't installed properly which I doubt, but just a guess.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have e-mailed Powder River a description of the issue and my concerns. I will see what they say tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
My M&P 45 compact will do it if I ram it home on a bias. If I go straight up, it won't. They tell me it was designed that way for the Leos.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
It is normal for allot of guns, so much so that in the Magpul handgun videos they show the technique for it.

Strait up it may not be unreliable. But if you seat the mag and hit the back end of the mag base plate as you slam it home it can be a reliable way of loading the pistol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. I spoke with PRP today and they stated nothing they installed was causing the slide to release. Also, said they could replicate the slide releasing as I described by hitting the mag base in the rear or at an angle. Bottom line, after discussing with PRP I am convinced there is no safety issue which was my main concern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts