Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the new XD9 factory mags that are now 16 rounds have the Springfield CREST on it? And does it say Springfield Armory on the floor plate. Thanks for time and attention and help .

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
My XD-9 came with 15 round mags, but I bought a Springfield factory 16 round mag last week, and it says "Springfield Armory" and "9mm 16rd." No crest or markings at all on the mag body except numbered witness holes.

The 16 witness holes are on the back, unlike my XD-9 which has them on the side every 5 rounds.

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I will confirm what Polymerhead said. Here is a pic from the post I made about the 16 round mags, the body has no markings at all except the # of rounds stamps and the floorplate has Springfield Armory and 9mm 16rd molded into it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My new (dealer swore it just arrived) XD-9, #US983***, came with two 15 rd mags & they both have the laser etched logo crest on the backside just above the floorplate. Mine does not have the new frame (2 notch rail & holes for magwell) though.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Packin'Plastic said:
My new (dealer swore it just arrived) XD-9, #US983***, came with two 15 rd mags & they both have the laser etched logo crest on the backside just above the floorplate. Mine does not have the new frame (2 notch rail & holes for magwell) though.
Your dealer most likely recieved it from a distribution center that still has them in stock.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Funny how his SN is about 26,000 higher than mine is and yet mine has the later dual notch frame rail and came with 16rd mags and his didn't?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Cuda said:
Funny how his SN is about 26,000 higher than mine is and yet mine has the later dual notch frame rail and came with 16rd mags and his didn't?
Yours is black and, if his is the pictured in his avatar, his is green. Different models normaly have different ser# strings. What is the date stamp on the frame? That would help. It is inside the dust cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts