Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what would you do? I have a XD.40 and an XD Tac. .45 now I am looking at buying a XDsc. I want the 9mm because I don't have one yet but I do own 7 extra clips for the .40 that will interchange. Plus I have heard it said if you own a .40 keep with them and don't interchange because the ammo is too close in size. Personally not an issue for me though. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have an XDsc 40. Yes it kicks a bit more than the XDsc in 9mm but not uncontrollably. Given you already have the 40 and 45 I would lean towards an XDsc 40 as to not have to deal with 3 types of ammo to keep track of...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Im of the school of thought of not duplicating calibers with one exception.
A pistol and a carbine in the same caliber is OK.
get the 9mm. buying ammo becomes a little of this, a little of that, what ever is available and on sale or you find a good deal on. You can now run more variety.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I have heard it said if you own a .40 keep with them and don't interchange because the ammo is too close in size. Personally not an issue for me though. Any thoughts?
My thoughts??? IMO, this is probably one of the most ridiculous arguments I have EVER heard. :rolleyes:
Go with the XDsc-9mm. Everyone needs a 9mm, and since you don't....that would be my next choice.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I agree, get the XD Sub Compact in 9mm.

Great little guns, every collection should have at least one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I agree, get the XD Sub Compact in 9mm.

Great little guns, every collection should have at least one.
Other than cost, is there a reason to prefer the XDsc over the XDm Compact?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I say shoot the XD9sc and see what you think. I shot a range gun and had to have it. I love mine and after almost 5000 trouble free rounds, it's a great little weapon.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Not really, to me they are two different guns. I just like the classic XD series and that is what the OP mentioned. If you had to settle on one gun I would suggest the XD(M) Compact, kind of like if you had to settle on one Glock, I would suggest the model 19.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I was in a similar situation where I knew I wanted a subcompact XD but couldn't decide on .40 vs 9mm. I ultimately went with the .40 because if you want to, you can always get a 9mm drop-in barrel and have the best of both worlds. Just keep in mind that the reverse of this is not true if you go with the XDSC-9.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was in a similar situation where I knew I wanted a subcompact XD but couldn't decide on .40 vs 9mm. I ultimately went with the .40 because if you want to, you can always get a 9mm drop-in barrel and have the best of both worlds. Just keep in mind that the reverse of this is not true if you go with the XDSC-9.
;)+1

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
What the heck, get the 9mm. Since they don't make one in .45, the 9mm would be my choice.

Smaller gun, smaller caliber.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I like the XD 9sc one because it carries more rounds and second it gets back on target faster then the snappier 40 cal. If your looking for it to conceal carry then I'd say one of the single stack 9's that are out there would be a better choice

·
Registered
60 Posts
Assuming XD40sc:

1) the XDmC is larger
2) XDm mags won't work in XD
3) Is extra cost of XDm justified ...do you NEED match grade barrel, interchangeable grip backstraps, etc. I can afford ANY guns I want, but I chose the XD9 Service because it is all the gun I need and I'm not going to carry it. Nor would I carry the XD#sc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've owned six dirrerent XD's now, including one XDm9. I kept two, a XD45 Tactical and a XD40sc. I absolutely loved my XD9sc, and may buy another one day, but the XD40sc is just as easy to shoot well as the XD9sc and has resurected my affection for the 40S&W cartridge. I would like to try a XDm9c one day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts