yes!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I emailed Springfield this question and got this answer:

Yes, +p will work in the your XD. We just do not
recommend using it all the time.

Thanks, Tom

So there you have it, straight from the source.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I emailed Springfield this question and got this answer:

Yes, +p will work in the your XD. We just do not
recommend using it all the time.

Thanks, Tom

So there you have it, straight from the source.
Makes perfect sense. Decide on your carry ammo, run a couple of mags of it thru your gun to make sure there are no problems with it and use all the other normal ammo for the range.

·
Registered
50 Posts
About a year ago one of my LEO magiznes did a review on the XD9 SC and they in the article talked about how well they shot the +P rounds

·
Registered
292 Posts
What I have wondered is the amount of weight/load you could put on the tactical rail. I would assume it would change as the recoil is enhanced by the +P rounds.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I called them about that when I bought it, and was told it will happily eat any factory load, including +P+, which I have used. Now, would I shoot a day a the range with them, no, but I'll shoot a couple of mags with it every month. What I like doing is mixing +P+ and regular ball ammo, and it's a major difference. If I could get more, I would love to carry them for SD every day.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
ive tested 124gr+p in three brands. pdx(40rds), HST(50rds), & Ranger T(50rds) on a 4"X9. they all functioned fine, & no noticeable muzzle flash. my worst grouping was with the pdx, and best with the HST. Im try some gold dots just see how they shoot in my gun. recoils just a smidge more stiff with +p, but i like it.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Makes perfect sense. Decide on your carry ammo, run a couple of mags of it thru your gun to make sure there are no problems with it and use all the other normal ammo for the range.
Ah...NO! Run a couple of BOXES through it, THEN carry it. I put at least 50 (preferable 100) rounds of a possible carry ammo through the gun before I'll use it.

·
Registered
29,758 Posts
Sure, it's safe...

But when there's plenty of standard pressure loads that perform just as well if not better than +P...the question is, why in the world put up with the extra recoil and muzzle blast?

(stirrin' the pot...stirrin' the pot...)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts