Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought XD40 V-10(my first ported hand gun) and took it to the range today. While at the range the front sight became so dirt filled, that I could not see it very well after I shot about 25 rounds. It started to get pretty irritating after 100 rounds and having to stop every 25 rounds and clean the front sight. Was curious about what's a good fix for this?

·
Registered
329 Posts
you should find a cleaner burning ammo, that will help. although with the ported barrel it will probably be a problem whatever you use.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I usually have a piece of rag to wipe out the soot, and white crayon to fill that little hole in the front sight. I don't have to clean much anymore as I'm using a clean fast burn powder and teflon coated heads.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
If you get TFO's you will run into a new problem.
They can be ruined by some cleaners. Especialy the spray type.
Cleaner burning ammo or a pocket full of q-tips

·
Registered
408 Posts
fill the sight with white nail polish/paint,w/e and cover it with a clearcoat
stays cleaner and wipes off easier.
bright sights that are flush (factory is "dimpled" inwards) would be easier to maintain

·
Registered
17 Posts
fill the sight with white nail polish/paint,w/e and cover it with a clearcoat
stays cleaner and wipes off easier.
bright sights that are flush (factory is "dimpled" inwards) would be easier to maintain
Do you have any suggestions for a flush front sight? I'm having the same issue- mind you its the only issue I've had w/ countless rounds thru it. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts