Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal...I'm looking for another handgun. At the moment, I'm satisfied with my current collection of Glocks, S&W, Ruger, and Springfield. My son and I went riding yesterday and hit a few gun stores along the way. I was dead set on a Gen 4 Glock 21 as my next addition, but after fondling it I think I will put it on the back burner for a while. Don't get me wrong, I LIKED it, but I have plenty of Glocks. I'll pick one up at some point.

That brings me to the CZ. I'm looking at the 75 Compact, 75 PCR, and the P-01. What are your thoughts on the safety vs. decocker models? I really like the lighter weight of the PCR, and the absence of a rail is no big deal for me. I have always heard great things about them, and I think they are a thing of beauty ;) It may get carried some, but mainly it will be a range shooter.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I prefer a decocker. Eliminates "forgetting" to switch off in the heat of the moment. Just my .02.

Everyone should own a CZ.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
CZ CZ CZ CZ!!

Now that I'm done fanboy chanting, I like the decockers and SA/DA. CZ's have really smooth, short, and nice DA pulls and I like first shot DA remainder SA (although I understand why some don't). For range though it's really not much of a difference since for range work you're going to put in a mag, rack it, and get to work in SA mode anyway.

No real chance to go wrong with CZ's in my opinion, great platform at a really nice price.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank, I appreciate the advice guys.

I called a few local shops. One has the 75 Compact for $559 and one (always a little high) has the P-01 for $629. I'm going to put my hands on them and see which one "feels" best. I'm still leaning toward the P-01 with the decocker for the reduced weight. That's subject to change once I hold them both ;)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Thank, I appreciate the advice guys.

I called a few local shops. One has the 75 Compact for $559 and one (always a little high) has the P-01 for $629. I'm going to put my hands on them and see which one "feels" best. I'm still leaning toward the P-01 with the decocker for the reduced weight. That's subject to change once I hold them both ;)
Make sure you check online, Grabagun, CDNN, etc. You may save a bundle.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Get the G21 gen 4!!!

Had to say it. I love mine but CZ's are awsome and I can't wait to have another one some day. I'm another vote for decocker instead of a safety. Like snap said, the DA trigger is pretty good and I don't like having to flick off a safety as I'm drawing. The only reason my P-07 still has a safety is because it didn't come with the pieces to convert it and I'm lazy on ordering them. My Cajun Gun Works parts also made the trigger even better. I don't have a 1911 in my collection but before I do I think I'll search high and low for a 97B in polycoat. Since its a CZ it'll shoot as good as looks.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol thanks guys! I'll definitely end up with a Glock 21. I think I'll be on the lookout for a 75 PCR. Saw one that sold on a local site for $500 and it looked to be in excellent condition.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
In the compact versions the PCR is my favorite, I really like the balance. For my "75" collection I'm sticking with the Sphinx SDP but I really want a CZ 97bd.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
In the compact versions the PCR is my favorite, I really like the balance. For my "75" collection I'm sticking with the Sphinx SDP but I really want a CZ 97bd.
Alright, now this is getting weird. 97bd has made the top of my want list.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Its cool to see that CZ it has its own 1911 out that's made in the USA and I'm sure will be a sweet shooter but I'd still take the 97BD first. It seems like its hard to come by though. Once I saw that Bud's had some but they didn't last long.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
You don't still have the Witness Elite do you?
Nope, my dealer buddy got 550 for it. More than I paid for it and 100 more than I offered it for on the forum. I'm still selling the 75 though.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Nope, my dealer buddy got 550 for it. More than I paid for it and 100 more than I offered it for on the forum. I'm still selling the 75 though.
That's awesome, Is that the polished stainless? Shouldn't be hard to sell. My next 75 will be made in Switzerland :-D

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
That's awesome, Is that the polished stainless? Shouldn't be hard to sell. My next 75 will be made in Switzerland :-D
Yeah, polished stainless. Good gun just not getting enough action. And yeah, if I see another Sphinx out there, full sized, I doubt I'll be able to resist.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just make sure it's a Gen 4 ;)
Oh it will be a Gen 4. Got my hands on one Monday afternoon, and it felt great. Just found out the range/gs where we are members is a CZ dealer...I had no idea lol. Hopefully I can get my mitts on a PCR tonight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts