Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was at the range with my wife and my dad, who is considering purchasing an inexpensive pocket sized carry gun. The range just added the Ruger LC9 to its rental fleet within the last couple weeks so he decided to rent it and give it a try based on his experiences with several LCP's that he has shot.

The problem we encountered was that the trigger, even when pulled all the way back, would not fire the gun until we began letting pressure off the trigger. Needless to say, it was not an enjoyable experience shooting the LC9 and it raised questions as to its reliability.

The only other details I have about this gun is that the people at the range estimated it had only been rented about 25 times before us and that they estimated it had ~1000 rounds through it. I do not know how much it had been cleaned in that time.

My question to any LC9 owners out there is, have you heard about or experienced this issue yourselves? IF NOT, have you gotten close to, or passed the 1000 round mark yet? I'd be particularly interested in hearing from anybody with 1500-2000 rounds through theirs to know if they've had an issue.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have shot 200 rounds in mine and never had any problems, maybe its just one of thos "early" ones..

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Rentals are notorious for rarely getting cleaned. Especially on "new" guns that tend to get rented often
I have around 150 or so, mix of fmj & jhp's with no issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts