Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people that have an XD and an XDM, do you like the XDM better? I don't have either, but plan on having one or the other soon in. Either the XD 5" or the XDM, 9mm.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I like my XD-M better...

I can't wait until they come out with a mini XD-m SC.
I'd sell my 9sc in a heart beat in order to buy the XD-m sc 9.

But then again....

one thing I miss about the regular XD, is the fact that you have that little guide rod protruding from the front, preventing the slide to be moved back when you press the pistol against a hard surface.

On the XD-M the guide rod sits flush on the slide.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Looked at both XD XDM the XDM was a little bigger and the extra target options..ie. barrel wasn't worth the extra money for me in a carry gun...

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a XDm-40, and a XDsc-40. Had XD-40 w/ 4inch barrel traded for the XDm, and paid the diff. The XDm is def. better to me than the Regular XD. The slide-grip is longer, but can conseal the same + the XDm holds more rounds. When I wear a loose shirt, or a sweater I carry the XDm. Warmer weather t-shirt I carry the XDsc. For a holster I use Don Hume IWB for both guns the XDm just hangs past the open end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carrying won't be an issue since I live in Maryland. It will be mosty for range and possibly trying out USPSA or IDPA.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It depends on what you intend to use the gun for. The XD(M) is really geared toward someone who shoots a lot where higher capacity is an advantage. There is no magic, if you are a bad shot you will still be a bad shot with an XD(M), you just get to miss more times before reloading. If you can afford the difference in price and you don't plan to try conceal carry, the extra capacity may be worth the money. But if you plan to conceal carry then a better choice would be the XD in Sub Compact or the XD45 Compact. If you are looking for a home defence gun and want a 40S&W 16 rounds is significantly better than 12.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have both and they i like them both. I do prefer the XDM due to it's larger capacity. For me it is perfect I can shoot several divisions with one gun. The fact that I do that makes it very appealing to me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have both. I like the grips better on the XDm and it has a thicker guide rod than the XD so if you switch it out for a tungsten rod you get more weight up front.

·
Banned
165 Posts
I can only speak for owning an XDm9. My answer is I love it! I have put two hundred rounds threw her and I am lovin it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have XD-45 and XD(M) .40, and I think I speak for most if not all XDxxx ownerw when I say that both are GREAT guns. HOWEVER, If I had to pick one I would go with XD(M)... match barrel, higher capacity, customizable grip. Overall a better package in my opinion.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have both and like the M better, like the grip design and size of grip better plus the trigger and overall better features. but I'm not getting rid of any XD models either.

·
Registered
948 Posts
i have the xd 4in and 5in TAC and the xdm all in 9mm.i have shoot the 4in IDPA for yrs.i was waiting last yr. for the xdm to come out in 9mm when i got a great deal on the 5in TAC.two weeks later the 9mm xdm came out and had to have it. i wanted the xdm as my new IDPA gun and have shoot 1300+rds or so out of it and i like it alot.i love the xds maybe cause i got it 1st and the mags interchange.the 5in is my hot rod gun polished barel,powder river trigger kit and reset,ss guide rod with checkered front. overall this is the gun i shoot the most and i did all the work myself with the help of the guys here at xd talk.i still intend to shot the xdm in IDPA so i guess you should buy both xd and xdm.GOOD LUCK!!
Steve Bedair Stainless Guide Rods for Handguns ss checkered front rod
XD Trigger Kits - PRP~ XD & XDM Perfection! trigger kit

·
Registered
4 Posts
:DJust got a new XDM 9mm, my wife & I **** it for the first time last week. She love the gun as do I. We also shoot a Glock G19, Beretta PX4 storm & S&W M&P compact 9mm. To be honest I like the XDM a :lot, very comfortable to shoot, accurate. I think I will use for a Advanced CCW course next month.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts