Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the Lee turret but am a little confused about one thing. Kempt.com has a kit that is marketed to be capable of both rifle and pistol rounds. Lee's website does not specifically list this press as being capable of both types, and i have seen people post before saying they have used it for both.

For you lee users, or anyone in the know for that manner. Is this turret press capable of both? if so,is there some drawback to using it for both?

I appreciate any info, thanks.

Oh by the way, just in case it is relevant, my primary interest is in reloading 40 S&W and 300 WSM rounds.

·
Registered
229 Posts
it will do both ... i reload 9mm and 40 and .270 win . i dont load my .270 on it anymore cause i use a single stage press to be more presice and exact on the numbers .. but if you want to reload pretty quickly then that would be great .. it comes with a 3 hole turret and i upgraded to a 4 hole turret because the lee die set i have has four dies , the 4th one being the factory crimp . i also got the lee safety prime to make the priming go a little faster .. it comes with a holder for small primers and large primers as well . and i also got the lee auto disk powder measure with the swivel attachment and the die extender for it to clear the lee safety prime which bolts to the frame and not the turret action . the auto disk is not accurate with the table it comes with but it is very accurate with dispensing the very same amount of powder every time so make sure you measure the grains and dont go by the table .. just use as a starting point for the grains to the powder you are using and measure the 1st twenty rounds or so . ill just do about 10 in a small bowl really quick and then start measuring from there .. the 1st 10 will be way off and then it will start to get better . other than that, it has worked very well for me and i hope it will give me a million more loads of realoading . hope this helps any

benjamin

·
Registered
536 Posts
I used to load everuthing on mine but I got an LNL so I just load rifle on my turret. Mine is the four hole turret. I think they make a classic turret now-bigger stronger. Someone offers a kit w/everything you would need to start-scales etc., in case you're new to reloading. Maybe it's Lee.
When you load rifle you need to remove the rod which auto-indexes yhr round(advances the shell) since the case w/the bullet will not match up as it's turning. You'll see what i mean when you start.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
The turret press can handle both. It handles pistol rounds better, but it is suitable for rifle rounds. As mikey mentioned, one thing I love about the Lee turret is that you can remove that auto-index rod and just use the press as a single stage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts