Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for concealed carry purposes I purchased a Fricke 'Archangel' IWB holster and in many ways I really like it. However, as I carry a little bit of belly fat it can be uncomfortable to wear and I much prefer carrying in the small of my back. I've been looking around and am considering the 'Supertuck' but was wondering if it's possible (and comfortable) to wear one so that you draw the weapon with the back of your hand towards your back?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Small of the back is not a good place to carry, if you ever fall backwards, from a push or other reason you can cause serious damage to your spine.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Where are you wearing your holster?

I've got more than my share of weight as well, and I just got a Theis Holster, which is very similar to the CBST. I've been wearing it around the house trying to figure out exactly where is most comfortable and what I've found is it feels best at about the 3:30 or 4 o'clock position.

Like agalindo said, small of the back is very dangerous. Not only could you do serious damage if you ever fell backwards, but it can be very difficult to draw from back there without pointing the muzzle at some part of your body.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I even go to 430 position on my cb of you still want the back of hand stuff just get a lefty holster

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Small of the back was probably a poor choice of words... It would be more appropriate to say approximately the 4:40-5o'clock position. Just off the small of the back.

As for where I've been carrying the 'Archangel'... About the 1-2o'clock position. Just can't find a comfortable position for it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Small of the back was probably a poor choice of words... It would be more appropriate to say approximately the 4:40-5o'clock position. Just off the small of the back.

As for where I've been carrying the 'Archangel'... About the 1-2o'clock position. Just can't find a comfortable position for it.
Have you tried moving your holster to that position yet? I think I still would draw with the palm toward the back. That way I don't have to twist my hand around when bringing the gun forward.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you tried moving your holster to that position yet? I think I still would draw with the palm toward the back. That way I don't have to twist my hand around when bringing the gun forward.
It's not designed in a way that makes that possible, I would have had to have ordered a left handed holster and perhaps I should have. As for drawing with the palm toward my back, I can't very well. I've previously injured my shoulder and reaching behind my back in that manner is pretty painful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.