Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've been looking at some used xd's as well as some new ones. I'm pretty much decided on a xd. But I was wondering if I would still be covered by the lifetime warranty if I got a used one. My concern is that if I pick up an earlier model, that I might have problems with the rust that some have had with the earlier models. If I picked up one of the used models, what's the probabilty of having SA redo it in the Armor Kote?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
As far as I know, warantees are lifetime and transferrable. If you pick up a used gun, you're covered. :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've heard the warranty goes, but, per the warranty card I got with mine:

Springfield, Inc. warrants to the initial (my emphasis) retail purchaser that the products it sells will be free of defects in workmanship or material druing his or her lifetime as long as he or she owns the product.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Ho hmmm...well, I guess you learn something new every day.

Has anyone heard of SA not honoring a warranty on a used gun?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I called SA before I bought my 40 used. They told
me it was covered as much as my 9 that I bought new.
They said the SA name is what is covered, not just the buyer.
Just what I was told.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
ISTR a SECOND section of the warranty card that says something to the effect of:
If you sell it, let SA know so that they can continue to provide the warranty to the new owner.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Whitedogone said:
My concern is that if I pick up an earlier model, that I might have problems with the rust that some have had with the earlier models.
I have one of the first XD-40's released under the Springfield name. I haven't had one problem with rust. As long as you care for your firearm you should be ok. I've put over 1500 round's through it and it shoots just as good as the day I took it out of the case.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Springfield honored my warranty! If you are worried let your local Springfield dealer send it in...No harm No foul that way. But they will honor the warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts