Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i have my lower built waiting to be paired with the upper. I have the dpms pardus stock already on it.

If i ordered a magpul CTR stock would i need to order another buffer tube / spring or would i be able to take the dpms parts and jus slap them in the ctr stock?

Or is it easier just to buy the parts seperately.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got ya, i gotta find out if the dpms pardus is mil-spec or not

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The Magpul CTR is a fantastic upgrade over most slip on sliders as it eliminates the wobble and makes the gun feel more expensive. I have three CTR's (two commercial, one mil-spec). The commercial size CTR has a thicker butt pad to accommodate the longer commercial buffer tube. The commercial long tube and thick pad combine to make the length of pull too long when fully extended. I solved this by swapping the thick pad for a thin mil-spec CTR pad.

I also checked out a Magpul MOE which lacks the clamp feature. It was nearly as tight fitting as the CTR and was simpler (only one lever) and less expensive. Since the MOE is much better fitting than the factory slider, I would have been happy with just an MOE.

While you are at it, consider the Magpul enhanced trigger guard which is also a nice upgrade. I have these on all my AR's now.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i already ordered a magpul miad full grip kit so i think it comes with that guard

G

·
I have three ctr's, two mil-spec and one commercial. My commercial one is a little loose even with the friction lock set. Magpul sent me a email about it and on the commercial there is not a set standard. There all a little different. So it's pot luck. However both of my mil-spec versions are rock solid. That is the only one they can really garantee a perfect fit on. I hope this helps....

·
Registered
78 Posts
both of my CTR's are rock solid on my RRA commercial tubes. Its so solid, it makes bench shooting much more productive and gives a nice solid feel off hand.

My next build will be wearing one of these stocks as well.

G

·
both of my CTR's are rock solid on my RRA commercial tubes. Its so solid, it makes bench shooting much more productive and gives a nice solid feel off hand.

My next build will be wearing one of these stocks as well.
My Commercial is on a RRA as well. What model is yours? Mine is an Elite Comp and theres a little wobble even when set. Damn the bad luck! I bought a new mil-spec yesterday and some one had taken the rubber butt pad off it, so now I have to try and return it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Commercial is on a RRA as well. What model is yours? Mine is an Elite Comp and theres a little wobble even when set. Damn the bad luck! I bought a new mil-spec yesterday and some one had taken the rubber butt pad off it, so now I have to try and return it.
MY Mil-Spec CTR didn't include a rubber butt pad. Came from Brownells earlier this summer. They told me only the commercial CTR's came with the pad?

G

·
MY Mil-Spec CTR didn't include a rubber butt pad. Came from Brownells earlier this summer. They told me only the commercial CTR's came with the pad?
I thought the standard pad was included on all CTR's per Magpuls website. On mine you can still see the dried loctite in the thread holes that holds it in place. I may have to check my facts but I think that is right.

G

·
This is the print from magpuls sight:

CTR™ M4 Carbine Collapsible Buttstock – Military Model
The patent-pending Magpul® CTR™ (Compact / Type Restricted – Military Model) is a drop-in replacement butt stock for carbines using mil-spec receiver extension tubes. Designed for light, fast action the streamlined A-frame profile avoids snagging and shields the release latch to prevent accidental activation. The extra-power lock mechanism uses a premium chrome-silicon spring to avert auto-collapse failure and maintains strength by resisting spring relaxation. The CTR™ also features a supplemental friction lock system that eliminates wobble* for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy. The Military Model includes a standard 0.30” rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Either someone took the pad off, or you got an NOS one, (new, old stock)
originally they (mil size) didn't come with the pad, it was an option.

G

·
Either someone took the pad off, or you got an NOS one, (new, old stock)
originally they (mil size) didn't come with the pad, it was an option.
It could very well be either, the place I bought them from has had them a while and I didn't think to open the box when I picked it up. That's okay it is still rock solid and I will have a pad for it when I get a UBR to repalce my commercial CTR on my Elite Comp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts