Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a question, as I am a bit of a handgun noob.

When I have the cable lock installed on my firearm should I keep the slide back in the locked position or let the slide rest on the lock?

Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts

When I have the cable lock installed on my firearm should I keep the slide back in the locked position or let the slide rest on the lock?

Thanks in advance!!!!
OPEN.

·
Registered
518 Posts
You're running it through the magazine well rather than down the barrel, right?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I never use the lock. Don't like it at all. Better to use a trigger lock if storage and safety is an issue.
I don't either. I keep all my guns in the safe right next to the bed with the key inserted. That way I HAVE to remove the key in the morning when I go to work. I've found it to be the best way to stay on the ready and remain secure for the kids. I've thought about biometric safe but I'm not sure if the technologie's mastered yet on the home safe level.
EDIT: obviously the same key ring as car keys.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I never use the lock. Don't like it at all. Better to use a trigger lock if storage and safety is an issue.
Really? I've used the lock a grand total of once. (I kept the slide locked back)

But I would definitely use this instead of a trigger lock, those things scare the crap out of me.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts

Thanks in advance!!!!
I you look at the user manual it will show that you let the slide slowly forward to rest against the cable. Not locked back. Also, do not allow the slide to slam forward against the cable.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts

Thanks in advance!!!!
Manual Step 7 states to grasp slide and ease forward (against the cable).
This +1

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm afraid if I were to use the cable lock, I'd ignore step 7....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would only use the cable lock for transportation, like a trip if its going with me in a case. I just wondered if I was to keep it open or closed. And I knew not to let it slam against it.
Thanks for all the help guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts