Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. This is my first post. I'm very new to concealed carry and am educating myself every way I can.

It seems to me that an IWB holster would work best for me (I was considering a SOB holster, but there seem to be many risks involved). Which would any of you recommend? I was checking out the Galco Skyops. I look forward to learning from your experienced opinions.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I went through many different holsters and ended up with a OWB Old World Leather holster with a thumb break, the holster can go at 3:00 or can slide around to 4/5 if you want to go towards the back.

A good leather holster will keep your XD nice and tight to your torso and will do wonders for conceal.

Try many out, I went to Fin Feather and Fur they have tons of holsters and basically tried them all out.

Good Luck,

- T

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Check out http://www.gunnersalley.com/

Those guys are great to buy from.

Personally, I have not had much luck with leather holsters. I prefer Kydex. The FIST #1 in ultra-thin Kydex is what I wear for daily carry.. for both my XD, and the Taurus 85.

My biggest problem with the leather holsters has been with re-holstering. The mouth of the holster contracts just a bit.. and that little finger rest on the XD's gaurd get's hung up.. I have no such issue with the FIST holster.

The Comp-Tak CTAC seems to a very popular choice around here.. I do not own one, but I have read dozens of positive posts by members here.. and I believe you can get it in KYDEX if you prefer..

Good luck..

Raymond

·
Registered
3,473 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Captain Ray said:
Check out http://www.gunnersalley.com/

Those guys are great to buy from.

Personally, I have not had much luck with leather holsters. I prefer Kydex. The FIST #1 in ultra-thin Kydex is what I wear for daily carry.. for both my XD, and the Taurus 85.

My biggest problem with the leather holsters has been with re-holstering. The mouth of the holster contracts just a bit.. and that little finger rest on the XD's gaurd get's hung up.. I have no such issue with the FIST holster.

The Comp-Tak CTAC seems to a very popular choice around here.. I do not own one, but I have read dozens of positive posts by members here.. and I believe you can get it in KYDEX if you prefer..

Good luck..

Raymond
and I don't like the kydex because it isn't "slim" enough.... :)

Choices... choices...

- T

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I too did the same holster search for hour upon wonderous hour and I came to the conlusion that the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 (http://miltsparks.com/) was the most comfortable and best concealer with the Tucker Answer in close second. I went with the VM2 (though for a pretty penny of like $150 out the door) but EVERYONE says it is worth it. I think it will be. Im still waiting for it - ordered at the beginning of October and hope to see it beginning to middle of Jan - so yes theres an almost unbearable wait but that in itself says something. Also be sure to check out packing.org it is an invaluable resource for CCW.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Parrishco said:
...so yes theres an almost unbearable wait but that in itself says something. Also be sure to check out packing.org it is an invaluable resource for CCW.

And until it comes in, you could always just make and use one of these. :D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If you have a holster made out of duct tape.. you might be a *******! LOL

Raymond

1 - 12 of 12 Posts