Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a dpms lower and when i eject my pmags the dont fall even loaded pmags. my buddy bought a smith and wesson lower and the empth pmags out with the push of the button. is this normal for dpms? is there anything i can do for it? thanks

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
DO NOT go sanding/grinding on the inside of your magwell.

Sand down these two nubs on the Pmag until it drops.
Don't depend on mags dropping free, train to pull them out. ;)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Could this also be why I have a hard time loading magazines?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'll have to try it when they are empty. It's like they slide in fine but they don't lock very well unless I push them in hard. They still to drop just fine with they are loaded.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I've found that just working the pmags in and out helps to loosen them up.
Taking the sandpaper to them might be a bit extreme.

I would definitely NOT sand the magwell, unless there was a burr in there or something screwed up in the lowers' manufacturing process.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'll have to try it when they are empty. It's like they slide in fine but they don't lock very well unless I push them in hard. They still to drop just fine with they are loaded.
If it happens in all pmags Then themag well on the receiver is slightly out of spec it really not that big of a deal when doing a may change just give it a good slap

If you have a caliper measure from the bottom of the mag catch to the bottom of the well and tell us what it measures likely a ruler won't work as it's probably only off by a few 100th of an inch

You can pick up a frankford arsenal digital caliper at pretty much so any sporting good store that seems reloading supplies to like $15-$20 not to mention I also strongly suggest if your not reloading yet start picking up you brass and any other brass you can get your hands on then pick up a copy of the ABC's of reloading then whenever you have a few extra bucks pick up some reloading supply (IE: dies, hand priming tool, tumbler manuals, powders, primers bullets, ect ect ect ) then when you think your ready pick up a press and start turning out your own ammo

God I must be getting tired I think I just totaly hijacked this thread

Night all

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
If it happens in all pmags Then themag well on the receiver is slightly out of spec it really not that big of a deal when doing a may change just give it a good slap

If you have a caliper measure from the bottom of the mag catch to the bottom of the well and tell us what it measures likely a ruler won't work as it's probably only off by a few 100th of an inch

You can pick up a frankford arsenal digital caliper at pretty much so any sporting good store that seems reloading supplies to like $15-$20 not to mention I also strongly suggest if your not reloading yet start picking up you brass and any other brass you can get your hands on then pick up a copy of the ABC's of reloading then whenever you have a few extra bucks pick up some reloading supply (IE: dies, hand priming tool, tumbler manuals, powders, primers bullets, ect ect ect ) then when you think your ready pick up a press and start turning out your own ammo

God I must be getting tired I think I just totaly hijacked this thread

Night all
You know, this is how drug dealers work. First they tell you to try a puff, it won't hurt you, then before you know it, you're on the hard stuff.

Yeah, just pick up that brass. Won't hurt you. Go ahead.

TJ, you know darned well that picking up that brass is just the first step in hundreds--no, thousands!--of future dollar expenditures on reloading.

Know how I know? Because that's how I started--just innocently picking up brass. :)

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Back to the original thread:

Some pmags drop from my lower, some don't. I hadn't seen the tabs--I'll have to look at them, see if sanding them off is the difference. I see rub marks on the pmags in other places, but maybe that's from the tabs pushing the mag against the magwell.

I did notice in the receiver a burr in the magwell. I took that off with a bit of emery cloth and it works better as a result.

And, BTW, mine is not dpms. It's an oly lower (CMMG upper).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts