Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Cuda. Ive never seen one in person but it looks like a separate piece in the pictures on Colts website. Made me wonder if Colt can add a rail to a MK4 series 70 gun. I might just buy the Colt Railgun and be done with it.

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Thx Cuda. Ive never seen one in person but it looks like a separate piece in the pictures on Colts website. Made me wonder if Colt can add a rail to a MK4 series 70 gun. I might just buy the Colt Railgun and be done with it.
I don't know if Colt does it, but other places will.

Just an FYI--Colt's custom shop has about a two-year waiting list.

Personally, though--I'd get s new one...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wait list with Colt is crazy! I had originally bought the MK4 70 as a learning 1911 that would eventually go to the custom shop. I figured i would wear it out for a year and not worry about scratches and such , then send it in for the Tactical package. With all i want done it might be better to just go custom from the beginning. I do really love Colts though.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Any good shop right now has a long line.

I don't think any of them will turn down a colt for custom work either.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL! i I had just been reading about the SA Operator Rail gun and thought you were talking about that specific 1911. I gotcha. I really wouldn't want to send my Colt to any other custom shop . I want it to stay a Colt. Although A Chuck Rogers custom job is awesome!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
There was a local shop had a light weight half rail for 1100 for a while. I think it was gone last time I was in though. I do t lime the way half rails look but it was a nice piece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts