Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going threw all the stuff I inherited from my future father-in-law (who passed last year) and I realized just how much stiff I had inherited. A rifle vise, 4 ammo cans, a progressive shot gun loading press (MEC 650), all the parts to load about 1000 12g shotgun shells (now I just need a shot gun), there was also 9mm ammo, 22LR and 22Mag ammo, a holster and ammo belt for a Ruger Single Six, 30-06 ammo and brass, a couple WWII items (hat, cantine, and a bayonette, and so much cleaning stuff i don't know what to do with it...(I think I counted about 30 bottles of gun maintanence stuff)
a lot of the cleaning stuff is shot gun specific (he was bit time into skeet shooting) Some of the cleaning stuff I am unsure if it is ok for other guns, or just shotguns, so if anyone can give me some insight to these cleaners/lubes that would be great.

the guns I have are XD40SC, SA GI1911, Mosin Nagant 91/30, and an NHM-91 AK. would these cleaners be ok in these guns, or should I put them aside for when I own a shotgun?

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
As someone with similar (I assume) issues when it comes to reading and spelling - I applaud your open-ness, and wish it were unnecessary to even comment. That said, the manner in which you commented was incredibly tasteful, and will I hope, lead to more understanding.

As to your cleaning, hmm, my lady told me to get the dog poop off of our rear deck today. Thats about the extent of my expertise.

Happy holidays to all!!!

MC1

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Based on the labels of all those products I would think they would be fine for any weapon. I don't think there is anything "shotgun specific" about any of them.

Looks like they are just marketed to the shotgun shooter maybe...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts