Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never purchased bulk ammo before so I'm wondering if there is anything I should know up front before buying over the internet.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Wasn't sure if there were any extra requirements for ordering 500 rounds or more of rifle ammo. Wal-Mart currently has a pretty good deal on .308 but they are constantly sold out. Could only find one box today but at $14.00 I'm not going to complain....... too much.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Make sure of the shipping charges, they can really eat into the end cost.

·
Premium Member
127,089 Posts
You will "pay through the nose" for shipping, handling, and hazmat charges. I'll never do it again.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
You will "pay through the nose" for shipping, handling, and hazmat charges. I'll never do it again.
Not true.

AIM charged me $13 bucks for 500 rounds of 762 Nato. Nothing else.

Ammunition To Go Charged me $7 bucks.

The only thing that got me was I needed to scan my ID before I bought from AIM. Once I got did that I was done.

UB

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check your local gun shop first...I just bought 1000 rnds 7.65x39 and found later I could have bought it locally for $15.00 less.:oops:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven't been able to find any "Action Test Dummy Rounds" in 7.62x39 so I think next time at the range I'll save some steel cases and seat in FMJ's then Die-Chem them blue. I may even drill a few 1/8" holes in the sides.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I ordered about 700 rounds of assorted ammo from Sportsmansguide, and there were no extra hazmat charges. Only thing was they needed an adult signature when it was delivered. No Problem.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I sale ammo via the net. Some companies may ship even small orders of 2k or less with a signature required. Many like me do not since most folks work during the day.

Industry standard is proof of age must be sent. There may be a few that get by using a adult signature on delivery instead. I could not get away with it and would not do it if I could.

Ordering in bulk can save on shipping once you get into the hundreds of pounds via UPS using special rates. 500 pounds and up then you need to go via truck and pallet.

Shipping even on small orders like UncleBuck and Capn Jack are going to be based on weight from the sellers zip code to the buyers.

I get tons of emails asking how much is shipping. They get pissy when I say how many boxes and where to. Generally these are also the guys that think I'm an idiot and try to convince me that I'm the only company in the world that requires ID.

One company gives free shipping. Actually he just builds the shipping cost into the price and has minimum orders. This works well for his customers one the opposite side of the US from him. Not so good for the others in his region.

Haz Mat fees do not apply to loaded ammo. Do not buy from a company that says it does.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Wideners told me they had to have me email age verification which I did. They also said an adult had to be there to sign for it when it was delivered. My daughter was home from her college class early and was waiting for it for me. She heard the doorbell ring and went to the door to see the UPS guy driving off. The ammo was on the doorstep. Shipping was $11.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just placed an order through wideners and they didnt require any sort or age verification at all. I received the shipping info and it did say it requires a signature, so we'll see about that I guess. I actually prefer them to require a signature, especially if its a descent amount of money. I get nervous someone walking by may swipe my package.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts