Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Like the title says I'm looking for a flashlight in AA Batteries. I do have a surefire G2 and it's a great little flashlight. My only concern is having to use 123A Lithium batteries.

Any help here will be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Get fenix

·
Registered
829 Posts
Fenix or 4sevens. I went with a fenix myself and it's awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Fenix. I have 5 of them, plus the head piece assembly that you can put two of the lights into and the bike mount. When I need a flash light I don't even bother looking at the others. My very first one is about 7 years old, it still works but I can't adjust the brightness after I used it as a hammer.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Gerber Omnivore Flashlight - Free Shipping for Members at REI.com

The Gerber Omnivore is great, it doesn't put out blinding light (11 lumens) but plenty to get around and I've dropped it from 6 feet onto concrete and it works fine.

The best feature other than the low $27 price is that it take a single AA, AAA, OR CR123 battery! So what every you have lying around! On one AA it runs about 7 hours.

It's very compact too, I included it in a bunch of other gear like Eton radios I bought for my buddies as groomsmen's gifts and they use it the most!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_419&products_id=2580

Takes a CR123 but man you guys are right you get a lot of flashlight for the cost!

I think a Fenix will be my next flashlight purchase!

Here's another nice light I use (I think youcan find it for cheaper)
Amazon.com: New Energizer Military 2AA LED Tactical Light Four Visible LEDs High Intensity White Blue Red Green: Home Improvement

It has white, IR, red, blue, and green light options. You can have all of them on at once except IR and there is 3 levels of brightness for each. Runs on 2 AAs.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
All my 5 Surefires take CR123s, but I buy them by the dozen from Surefire.

I got my Dad a Fenix that uses AA batteries last year for Father's Day.
He seems pretty happy with it..

·
Registered
829 Posts
My fenix is actually a TK15 that uses CR123's but the qaulity of the light stands above what I have seen for the price.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I can personally recommend the Fenix LD10 and LD40. Both are AA flashlights and truly amazing how much light they're able to output and how far they can throw. The LD10 is pocket size and very easy to carry. The LD40 is about the size of a 2 D cell flashlight, but with flat sides. The LD40 in particular has four light levels and I'd say the second level is about as bright as a 2 D cell MagLite or perhaps a little brighter. The third and fourth levels leave it in the dust and have an amazing throw. They're both excellent for camping and the like.

·
Registered
596 Posts
4Sevens Quark Tactical. Durable, bright, forward-click, and a good range of levels so you can conserve battery. Love mine!

Also might want to consider picking up some Eneloop rechargable batteries and charger.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
14500 Cree Flashlights, LED Lights, Flashlight, Torch, LED Flashlight on Sale - DealExtreme

I've got a shoe box full of various lights from these guys. The 14500 battery lights are AA size and can typically use anything from 1.2v rechargable to 4.2v li-ion (14500's) batteries. The li-ion 14500's give max brightness.

Those in the flashlight know, I have a Mr Bulk Lion Heart that has been upgraded with a newer and brighter led. It's nicer, but the $15-20 lights are
currently brighter. (ouch).

I also have a selection of 18650 powered lights. 4x the light time of the 14500's.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts