Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my XDm .45 back to be my new duty weapon, but haven't had a chance to shoot it until this past Saturday. The department I work for had to cancel our open range last month because of the heat advisory we were under. So while waiting for the next open range, I picked up some Trijicon night sights and had an armorer install them. I was really itching to get some trigger time with it.

Right now I carry a Glock 22 .40 as my duty weapon and have carried it since 2007. So Saturday, I went to the range to qualify with the XDm. I ran a couple of mags through it to get used to the different grip angle and get a feel for the XDm. Once I got used to the grip angle, I moved on to our qualification. I was very impressed with the XDm and loved the ergonomics. I was surprised at how much smoother the recoil seemed compared to my Glock. I fired about 250-300 rounds on a dry gun- no CLP applied anywhere. The XDm ate all rounds with no malfunctions of any kind. Our practice ammo are FMJ professional reloads.

The gun shoots great and I was tearing up the ten-ring with only the occasional round I threw due to me getting in a hurry or not staying on the front sight post and looking at the target.

I let one of our Sergeants, (who is on the Governor's 20 list) shoot a couple of mags and he was impressed with it too, (He carries a 1911 for duty and his SWAT pistol is a Glock).

I am very happy with my purchase of this weapon and can not wait for my duty holster to arrive so that I can start carrying this on duty! The only regret I have with it is that I kind of wish I went with the bi-tone stainless and black :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
I about ***** a brick when I shot a 22 for the first time, my first gun was a 45 and I always equated the recoil to most 9mms and that 22 about flew out of my hands the first time I shot. that XDM definitely spoils you

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I about ***** a brick when I shot a 22 for the first time, my first gun was a 45 and I always equated the recoil to most 9mms and that 22 about flew out of my hands the first time I shot. that XDM definitely spoils you
I took my younger brother shooting yesterday, we shot the XDm .45 and my Ruger LCP .380 and he really liked the XDm. He has only been shooting maybe 2-3 times before and was doing pretty well with the XDm out to about 31 feet. It is a sweet shooting pistol!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I bought a XDm 40 compact in all black and a month ago or so and I have been kicking myself in the *** for not getting the Bi-tone so today I bought a XDm 9 in Bi-tone. I must admit I feel much better now. LOL Not to mention I will be able to afford to shoot the 9. The 40 ammo is a little pricey for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts