Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range today for my company. There were five of us not including the range instructor. Three people had the company weapon a .357 Magnum revolver two of us had the XD40 including me. At the end of the course I tied for 1st with the other XD owner which was a female. She and I scored 98 out of a hundred. The instructor also informed us that in the line of work we are doing when we go to the range do not just focus on grouping but combat shootting as well. Just thought I would share this with you.

·
Registered
778 Posts
cloud8a said:
I went to the range today for my company. There were five of us not including the range instructor. Three people had the company weapon a .357 Magnum revolver two of us had the XD40 including me. At the end of the course I tied for 1st with the other XD owner which was a female. She and I scored 98 out of a hundred. The instructor also informed us that in the line of work we are doing when we go to the range do not just focus on grouping but combat shootting as well. Just thought I would share this with you.
You mention the vague words "company" and "work", but left out what you do and why you had to qualify.

·
Premium Member
28,484 Posts
If you're shooting at an indoor range check their range policies and if you're allowed practice drawing from holster and firing 1, 2, and 3 shot strings.

Almost all ranges will allow you to practice shooting starting from a low ready position, this is a good way to work on front sight acquisition.

I'm guessing you work in the security field? :?:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work for an armored transport company and even though I am commissioned through the state to carry a firearm at work, the company policy requires that we do a proficiency test at the range with the company instructor. Im sure this is for liability reasons. But we did do 1,2, and 3 shot strings starting from holsters and the ready position. I also got to practice the 6 o'clock aim at 15 yards which I thought worked well even though the handbook states it to be used at 25 yards.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Hmm, make sure you practice holster work. You should be able to draw, fire and hit 3 times in the 9 and 10 zone of a B27 at 7 yards in under 3 seconds. Also make sure you parcatice scanning before holstering,. Hopefully you will never need the skills.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my actual commission class we did scan and assess but in this test it wasnt mentioned. I definetly hope I never have to use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts