Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now are you ALL the same?

Like the rail from the subcompact to the 4"

Also will the same tactical accessory fit on a ruger slide??

Let me kind explain my self here... I'm toolin around on ebay and gonna try to build something fresh for my subcompact...
I found this -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36258&item=7168485348&rd=1

I'm just wondering if all picatinny rails are "Universal"

·
Registered
56 Posts
dont buy it.. it wont stay sighted.. and its really not all that adjustable.. everytime you shoot.. it will come out of alignment.. only speaking from experiance.. i bought one of those airsoft jobbies too, and threw it away after the first range trip..just my 2 cents....
ryan

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
I agree with the previous gentlemen. If you want a relatively inexpensive laser, laserlyte just came out with one that fits the XDSC. It's not on their website; but call them and they'll send you a brochure. It's based on a proven design. Here's their website:
http://www.laserlyte.com/

Don't bother with the one that you mentioned and avoid the crap ones that dangle off the trigger guard - same reason.

One last point, the XDSC rail is the shorter than a standard rail. I believe all other dimensions are standard.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot for the ideas and responses.

I will be sure to check out that site.

thanks again.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
check out the catalong from www.cheaperthandirt.com for:
SCP-026 Lazer, mount, batteries, remote switch, and wrench $89.97
And damn, i can't find any other in teh catalog, but they ussually have more listed.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
03RangerXLT said:
check out the catalong from www.cheaperthandirt.com for:
SCP-026 Lazer, mount, batteries, remote switch, and wrench $89.97
And damn, i can't find any other in teh catalog, but they ussually have more listed.
Looks to me like another cheapy POS. Does not inspire confidence in its durability and its ability to retain a zero. Son't do it. In this type of merchandise you do get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
jdavionic, that is good news re laserlyte. I have been waiting for almost a year for one from them for my SC. Last time I spoke with them a few months ago, they didn't know when it would happen. How much if you know and do they have it in both regular and superbrite? You are talking about the QD laser right?

Unfortunately, the Tru Glo, which I was going to get, sticks out too far for my liking (darn).

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have a Beamshot 1000s. Haven't tried it yet but am wondering if it's any darn good. I just bought it off of Ebay for fun, not for serious business. I think all these under $100 lasers from China are pretty much the same. If you want one for "work," you better be prepared to shell out some cash. Otherwise, consider them toys and don't go screamin' when they gonk out on you.

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
Retired - I have been pestering them as well. I got a price but I don't remember it off hand (it was comparable to their QDs, low 100). I decided to upgrade my Beretta's sights this month instead, which consumed some cash. Anyway, here's some feedback to your questions. Yes, they offer it in regular and super-Bright. Here's the contact info for the woman that I worked with:
Mary Jaeggi
Laserlyte
A Division of P&L Industries, Inc.
POB 126
101 Airpark Road
Cottonwood, AZ 86326
Phone: 928-649-3201
Fax: 928-649-3970
[email protected]

She was very responsive to my emails. I was interested in a QD model. She advised me that the were coming out with a short rail version of the QD model. However, this input was not exactly right. It appears that it will fit the XDSC, since it is a short-rail attachment. However, it is not a QD. It has 3 set screws. The set screws pull the 2 rail pcs together, which is a pretty strong design and will not mar the rail on XD. Like I said, it appears to be well done. I have friends that have some of their other designs and really like them.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
all the light rails on the XDs are not the same, the 4" and 5" models made before 2005 have different light rails than the ones in current production. On the new ones there is a second cut closer to the trigger guard so that it will accept the XML light and other small lights.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
jdavionic, thanks for that info. I will have to give them a call. Mary is probably the one I have spoken to as I have spoken to the same lady each time over the last year that I have called. Again, thanks.

mattw, someone else mentioned that awhile ago on another thread. My SC has the single cut as I bought it in May or June of last year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts