Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to replace the blade brace on my AR15 pistol with a larger padded stock.
I ordered a Commercial Spec stock and the buffer tube is still too large for it.
Will I be able to replace the AR Pistol buffer tube with AR SBR one?
I know the Comm Spec tube is larger, but the comm spec stock I purchased
won't fit over it.
Help?.

·
Registered
29,595 Posts
I am hoping to replace the blade brace on my AR15 pistol with a larger padded stock.
I ordered a Commercial Spec stock and the buffer tube is still too large for it.
Will I be able to replace the AR Pistol buffer tube with AR SBR one?
I know the Comm Spec tube is larger, but the comm spec stock I purchased
won't fit over it.
Help?.
Are you going to SBR it?

If not, that’s a bad idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I simply want to replace the blade brace thats on my AR pistol with a Rifle Stock, but the buffer tube on there right now is too wide even for a commercial spec stock and I dont know anything about differences in buffer tube sizes between AR Pistols, AR SBRs, and AR Rifles.(aside from commercial=1.70 and milspec=1.46)

·
Premium Member
21,754 Posts
No. I simply want to replace the blade brace thats on my AR pistol with a Rifle Stock, but the buffer tube on there right now is too wide even for a commercial spec stock and I dont know anything about differences in buffer tube sizes between AR Pistols, AR SBRs, and AR Rifles.(aside from commercial=1.70 and milspec=1.46)
You better make sure that barrel is more than 16 inches.

·
Registered
29,595 Posts
Sorry guys, but I seek buffer tube advice.
Ok.

If you replace the brace with a stock, you are creating what is called by the BATFE a “Short Barreled Rifle”.

Unless you have filed the correct paperwork, engraved the receiver properly, and received your $200 dollar tax stamp, you are committing a federal felony, punishable by many years in prison and/or many thousands of dollars.

So, sorry, we're not going to help you do that.

·
Premium Member
15,592 Posts
And ya... You can't do that.

So what was it about the blade you wanted changed? Other than wanting an actual stock stock.... There are other braces that would keep it a "pistol".... Or ya, get a stamp and SBR it and do what ever you want.

Reactions: TSiWRX

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Just change the buffer tube to one that'll fit the stock. You won't be a felon, unless you're charged with a felony.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts