Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I wanted to get my hands on the Ernest Langdon-inspired PX4 Compact Carry model, even at the lowest price point I found it at, I couldn't justify it still being almost $300 more than a regular compact "G" model (to which I can add night sights and a "D" mainspring myself for much cheaper). So I put this on layaway earlier, big ol' batwing decocking levers and all :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the full-size DAO I still presently have, and I liked the subcompact I used to have. The compact model is the one I have always wanted but never got around to purchasing.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
As much as I wanted to get my hands on the Ernest Langdon-inspired PX4 Compact Carry model, even at the lowest price point I found it at, I couldn't justify it still being almost $300 more than a regular compact "G" model (to which I can add night sights and a "D" mainspring myself for much cheaper). So I put this on layaway earlier, big ol' batwing decocking levers and all :)

You get a like out of me. It was a 9mm PX4 Compact that I first fired as a rental that made me laugh out loud--the felt recoil was so easy. I have two PX4's and two Stoeger Cougars. Good triggers, good sights, and good accuracy in all four of them. I regret that the PX4 mags don't fit the Cougar version, but that only affects interchangeability at the range for me.

Nicely done!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I actually still have a Beretta 8000 D Cougar as well. Great firearms! I've never had an issue with any of the rotating barrel Berettas (or Stoeger).

·
Registered
295 Posts
The low profile levers and slide stop are a MUST. Otherwise it looks like Alfalfa when you sight down it. What an awesome pistol

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've stealth controls on mine and converted to G mode.

I love the gun so much that I attempted to carry it IWB. That didn't go so well, as it is a thick one.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
537 Posts
I love mine. I am planning to Langdon it up a little. Definitely the sights and stealth levers with the G mod. I may just do the Wilson Combat 12# spring, but the competition trigger kit that the EL has changes the trigger drastically. Like I am talking like getting a CZ done by Angus Hobdell change.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bringing this one back from the dead briefly instead of starting an entire new post LOL.

Had a friend that wanted the one I originally purchased so let him adopt it, and then found a great deal on a used one a while back. Have another couple of friends who are Very handy with working on things, and have a lot more free time than I do, who proceeded to mod this one the way I wanted; DAO Conversion, LTT 11# Mainspring, Ameriglo front night sight, right slide release lever delete, slim decock levers (have to have something there), bobbed hammer (came with the Beretta “D”trigger group kit), and an aggressive grip stippling.

Now to just find an IWB / AIWB holster to accommodate it with an Olight Valkyrie PL Mini 2....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts