Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, im brand new to the forum. I came here looking for help on how to get grip safety spring to sit back in to the frame after I took apart the whole rear section of my xd45 for a good cleaning. Stupid, I know. but i got the whole thing back together just fine, so it functions and all, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the grip safety spring back in. Ive looked at the schematic in the manuel, as it suggests the angled end of the safety spring is to facing upwards, but once I get it back in there, the grip safety just locks the hammer back. I try it facing down, but the safety just sits idle and has no effect on the hammer. I keep thinking that somehow its supposed to fit into the inner mechanics somehow, but i just dont see how it can fit.

is there anyone who is familiar with the grip safety assembly out there? who can help me?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Here's a easy fix posted by Htown a few years ago. It's the easiest way I've seen.

here it took me 5 minutes to fully disassemble my pistol frame and put the grip safety on.

a qtip is all you need

put the spring in like so, it wont line up wit the pin holes but it will stay in place if you put it in correctly

cut one end of the qtip off like so and line up the spring with the pin holes while pushing the qtip through.

trim the qtip on both side so that its flush and wont snag on the frame where the sear rests

its easier to drop the safety in from the top

it might take some wiggling around but push the pin thru, it might require some tapping but itll go in pushing the qtip out in the process.

thats it. it take some practice but this is the easiest fastest way i have come up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts