Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put these on today . It took about 20 min. They look preety good. I'm going to the range tomorrow and see if they are better than the stock sights.

Have these sights improved anyones acuracy, or tighter groups :?:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, A buddy at my job did it for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like those TFO's,, I just put Mepro's on mine,, wish I hadn't now,,
(I like them, but like the TFO better)

B.G.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The TFOs do seem to be brighter in complete darkness. Also in the daylight. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I love the TFO rear sight but am not a fan of the fron open one. if i can only find a closed one / coverd like the rear i would install it. I just may get the rear one to have in hand till i find a front that i like for it to match....I agree with mengelmar. shore is purtty...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well just got back from the range, and the TFOs are GREAT! They are super brite , easy to line up, and shot a group of only 1.5 inches @ 15 yds. W 100 rds of PMC 115 gr. I was not dissapointed at all. I'll recomend these sights to all!! :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid 74.99 @ carters country down here in Houston, Tx. That is a good bargin for fiber optic and tritium in one sight. And they are made of steel!! :D

If you can't them locally, check with Ajames. Here the site.
http://www.xd-hs2000.com/sights.html

·
Registered
107 Posts
I recently saw a picture of sights on a Glock that I really like. It was a solid black Novak rear and a Hi Viz front. It had a really good sight picture.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I've had these sights on my wishlist for a while...

Question (not to hijack or anything... ;) ), what does the cutout on the top of your slide do for you? Looks or functional? It does look cool...just wondering if there's any functional benefit...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For 2 reasons , One, to cycle faster, and Two, to reduce weight. I also carry this XD as my primary. So the TFOs are good for both, self defence and comp.. I just love my :wink: XD

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Mmm...doesn't reduced weight (particularly in the front end) translate to more felt recoil? Granted, for some that wouldn't be an issue....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well to me , the recoil is not bad. The recoil feels better than it did before.
It was a thought before i did it ,but done it and I was happywith the outcome :wink:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've got TFO's on my XD9SC and I really like them. They can't be beat at night or during the day. I do know what Team XD means about the front sight though. There's an awful lot of room for disaster in that exposed fiber optic tube in the front sight. But that huge opening is what makes that fiber optic sight so brite during the daytime. Just have to be careful and hope for no boo-boo's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts