Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the purpose of these?

[http://www.pistol-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=45PA&cat=8][/url]

·
Registered
889 Posts
It is to increase the size of the magazine opening for faster reloads. It makes it easer to get the mag in.
Mostly used for competition shooting like USPSA-IPSC.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It takes a little practice but one can easily "blind reload" without a magwell but I don't recommend it as a practice to do. If you don't watch the magazine in, there's the chance that you don't get it perfect each and every time.

Watch someone like Sevigny using Glock's less favorable factory beveling or Steve Anderson on his XD, the need for a magwell is negligible...at best.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Yeah but they look cool!
Seriously though...the "bumper" pads are awesome even without a magwell dealy deal....however I do like mine.

·
Registered
223 Posts
a glock buddy of mine said that he gets frame plugs for all his handguns. He suggested I do to for my XD. His reasoning is that otherwise you get all kinds of gunk up there. Any truth to his statement?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If you do get crap up there, just flush it out with water. Its plastic, remember :wink: .

But if you want a butt plu...not going to say it :oops: ...there is no reason not to.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
S281 said:
a glock buddy of mine said that he gets frame plugs for all his handguns. He suggested I do to for my XD. His reasoning is that otherwise you get all kinds of gunk up there. Any truth to his statement?[/quote
Depend if youmud wrestle with you XD :shock: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts