Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone sell XD45 5" slides and barrels?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Barrels...Yes. Slides...No.

There are a variety of sources for aftermarket barrels...Bar-Sto, PistolGear, etc. The only way to get a slide is to find someone who wants a frame and go in with them for a split of a pistol. There has been at least one post like that in the last month or so in the WTB forum below. You get the top end and they get the frame.

I don't think I have ever seen a 5" tactical barrel/slide combo for sale and you cannot get just a slide from Springfield.

ETA: Here is the recent thread about someone wanting to split up a frame/slide package so that he could get a full-size frame. Might be worth looking into depending on whether the price is right...

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/trading-post-want-buy-wtb/91399-wtb-xd45-frame-mags-mi.html

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dang, i have a XD45 service and a XD45 compact. being the barrel length is the same, i want to take advantage of a full size 45 with a 5" barrel. maybe i'll just try and sell the service and buy a XD45 tactical....or if anyone is interested in trading slides/barrels....

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
it may not be the est solution but im 99% sure that you could use the barrel from a 5" in your 4" slide. it would look funny and you woulnd have the long sight radius but you would have the 5" barrel.

but selling the 4" and buying the 5" would not be a bad idea since the slides can be swapsed between the two frames. so you could have 4 different setups with only having two guns

1 - 4 of 4 Posts