Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it came in today, another Sig P229 but this one is in .40 and the slide has been bead blasted. Cant wait to shoot it this weekend. Next week it gets some hogue wrap arounds and new sights maybe the week after. Got to love CDNN!

·
Registered
240 Posts
How much if you don't mind me asking? I have been debating over a used sig for a long time now. I guess I just need to take the plunge and order one.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it was $399.00 and is a CPO "certified Pre Owned" from Sig. It is used but carries a 1 year warranty. I love my other Sigs and bought this one to use for USPSA.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I understand that they are used, and I am ok with that. But when you order them from CDNN they are in decent shape? The price is definatley right, but I am always afraid that it will be just my luck that I will be "that guy" who gets the lemon used Sig and am stuck with it.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right, its an XD forum, I just get excited when I get a new gun. I promise the next one I talk about will be a XD9 4in. My step son is 13 and REALLY wanting his own pistol and I think the XD is an excellent platform for a new shooter. He wont outgrow it, its by far and away as accurate as he will probably ever be, durable and reliable. Now I just need to find a good price on one before they go up in price anymore.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Nice weapon. I've never shot one though. Although the local cops are issued Sigs...so I reckon they're good. Course I can remember when Rugers were the shiznit.
Your son is 13 eh? That would go good with a post on the "next caliber for xd" thread
.22 or .380 would be hella cool for a youngin

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fingolfin said:
You could have just bought a .40 barrel for the P229 you already had. :p

Nice Sig though, looks like you got a good one.
Your right, I could have, but....
I carry my other 229 at times and I want to set this one up for USPSA and that means no night sights, rubber grips that tend to hang up on clothing, etc... Besides, why pass up a chance for another gun? Thank God my wife loves me...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts