Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman, we all have weaknesses...

Some of us are suckers for quality wheel guns, others have affinities toward knives. You might be thoroughly skeptical of new things that come out that other people are drop dead hyped about. In all honesty, that is me 98% of the time. I am usually skeptical and rather dismissive of new things that come out, especially when it comes to guns. When a company comes out with something like a new rifle or pistolized rifle, I ask myself, "What can this do that my AR can't?" followed by, "If it's something neat, how expensive is it?" And often times, it's nothing really new, and it's usually expensive. I then dismiss it and move on...

But then Palmetto State Armory announces this at Shot Show:

Gentlemen, I'm going to let out a side of me that I rarely show...
This novel little thing ticks a lot of boxes that get me hyped:
1. Long Stroke Piston
2. Bufferless design, so it can be compact
3. Works with A STANDARD AR LOWER
4. Planned price of around $800 for a full gun, $400 for the upper

Gentleman, I have no real reason to get this gun.
I have a piston driven .300 Blackout SBR... I still want it.
I don't need any more uppers... I still want it.
I haven't even seen this thing shoot, let alone have any idea whether or not it even works... I still want it.

Guys, I pride myself in not getting hyped about things... I try my best to avoid getting hyped about things... BUT I'M HYPED. I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Tangentially related, does anyone have a link to a good, clear discussion of the ballistics and pros/cons of 300 blk, 5.56, and 9mm out of the PDW-style barrel lengths? 7-10"?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts