Springfield XD Forum banner

PRP XDm 9mm Compact has arrived!

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  N.E. Tx.XD 
#1 ·
The PRP XDm 9MM Compact is here!

I ordered a bunch of things at the start of the month, to which I am now just waiting on my Crossbreed holsters. Of which, I had purchased a new XDm 9MM from Daniel at Powder River Precision. Before they shipped it out, they did some work to the gun:

- PRP Combat Trigger
- Polished Feed Ramp
- Dawson Precision fixed Night Sights
- Recrowned the factory barrel
- PRP Stainless Steel Ejector
- PRP Striker Retainer Pin
- Tuned magazine release

After checking the trigger action compared to a factory one, the enhanced trigger action is night/day in difference. Since I plan on carrying this gun for SD, I opted for the "Combat Carry" trigger. I went ahead and did the rudementary trigger weight test, and found the following:

- At the Apex of the trigger, it takes near 6lbs to fire.
- At the tip of the trigger (right next to the trigger guard), I measured 100% firing at 4 lbs, 2 oz. At nearly 4 lbs even, 1 out of 15 attempts would fire.

A quick comment on the Dawson Precision sights; they are great. In the dark, the glow - but not super bright. Bright enough to see without it being a distraction.

Here are some pictures:

Tomorrow, I visit the range and will have some results!

Thanks,
Mike

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for the post and pics. As I look at the target, most of those shots are center mass, and that’s enough to slow him up, or put him down. I'm looking forward to future post about the PRP trigger job you had installed on your new toy and some pics from the range after you get a little more time playing with it. I hope your holster comes in soon.
Good Luck!

#7 ·
Thanks!

I am getting use the gun, shooting it much better. I now have about 300 rounds through the gun; flawless execution!

Here are three targets at 10, 15 and 25 yard ranges:

10 yards, ~30 rounds:

15 yards, ~40 rounds:

25 yards, ~40 rounds:

Here are a few range pictures of the target 25 yards away; I was happy with the results, for it is far away:

The red center is 2.5" across.

The gun definately shoots better than me!

Mike

#8 ·
Lookin good there sir! I have all PRP internals in my xdm9c, I'll routinely field strip her just to gaze at the beauty inside.

#14 ·
Nice looking groups to me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.