Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a PRP ultimate match trigger in my XDm 40 3.8 and I LOVE IT!! And I wanted to give a special thanks to PRP and their staff for the great help! Im no gunsmith and these guys were super awesome and walked me through the steps of installing it. I couldnt have done it without their help. And as for the product it couldnt be better! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd like to echo that sentiment. Finally got it working with a little nudge from PRP, all I can say is "SWEET". Went to the range today and actually starting getting some good groups @ 25'-40'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been thinking about this same kit. I'm a little concerned about the fact that it takes some fitting as I have no experience with this. When you say they walked you through it, did you call them for that support? I would feel a lot better if I could call someone if I had any questions before doing any fitting. Thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also have thank PRP for not only a great trigger but a Mil. discount too. I watched the vid on you tube but my sear doesn't go flush when i pull the trigger(the trigger also won't go all the way to the rear with the slide off) But when i put the slide on it fires every time. You really need to get springfield to put your trigger in the 5.25's at the least

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I found the Youtube videos quite helpful when I installed my Ultimate Match. Great GREAT product. My XD40 Tactical is a dream to shoot now.

G

·
I installed the same kit in my XDm 5.25 in 9mm. Everyone who has tried it said it was awesome and I couldn't agree more. Their video showed how to do it and what to look out for so even a first timer like me got it perfect. I will definitely be going back to PRP for more product. Next up is a trigger kit for my XD9SC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forums, but after looking at different trigger kits, I went with the PRP ultimate match kit. I don't have any gunsmithing experience but the instructions for fitting are easy. also just looking at the old sear will quickly show you how much material to remove to start off.

I used norton sharpening stones for the fitting, starting with a course grit to remove material then used the 1k grit, 4k grit then the 8k grit which left a very sharp flat surface with a mirror shine.

I also had to remove a small amount of material on the back of the sear to allow the grip safety to work properly. I liked using the stones instead of sand paper because of the grits I had available and because of the flat surface I know I'm working with along with ease of material removal and surface finishing.

This trigger kit though is something I highly reccomend because of the major improvement in proformace as far as how the trigger feels and ease of use.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have installed 2 kits on my Springfields. The only regret is I should've purchased them first before anything else. Top notch kit. Helped me move up in classification and shoot quicker in IDPA.;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the Ultimate Trigger Kit last nite. It all went well, thanks to the online videos. Mine was pretty close right out of the box and didn't need a lot of fitting. After initial install there was a distinct "bump" felt in the grip safety. Easily fixed, following the online instructions. This modification will make you proficient in breakdown as you do it A LOT if you go slow with the files/sandpaper.

Then the trigger over-travel stop did require quite a bit taken off. Again with the repeated breakdowns as you don't know how far to go (and it did turn out to be quite a bit). I finally took the online advise and wrapped the frame area with that thick electrical tape to protect it and started pulling strips of sandpaper thru. Once it got to where the trigger would just break reliably, pull the tape and you're done. Plus it leaves a nice custom (trigger to frame) fit.

Bottom line - the gun went from what felt like a "4 stage" mediocre trigger into something you can definitely compete with. It now has about .25 of total travel with .18 of that being "take-up" and just over 4lb break. It's a HUGE improvement over stock parts, well worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts