Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my PRP trigger kit on my XDM 4.5 9mm. It was simple and easy to fit. The overall result is excellent. I highly recommend this kit to anyone. I did not get the aftermarket sear tho. Can anyone recommend that I get the sear or would it benefit me at all? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think the Ultimate PRP Trigger kit comes with a sear. I'd recommend doing the sear too if you want a complete job. Heck, might as well replace the safety lever too. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had this kit put on my xdm as well but I had the sear also. The gun smith here at the local range only charges 25 bucks for a trigger kit so I had him to it hehe. I love the change it made to my gun. I'd recommend that kit to any one!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had PRP do my trigger and internal work. When I was working my order up, Eris said that for a 4# combat/carry job, their sear wasn't suggested. She said the sear would lighten the trigger up a good deal more, without affecting the pretravel/reset. I respect that they had the courtesy to tell me that what I asked for wasn't what I needed, instead of trying to get more dollars by selling me more parts.
I guess it boils down to what you are going to use the pistol for. For competition, I'd go for it. For everyday carry, they suggested against.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts