Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if I can use the stock springs with the Ultimate Easy fit XDM Trigger Kit? I would assume I could keep the pull weight up while still shortening up the pull and reset. What effect would adding the PRP sear have on the pull weight?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would also like to know this. I dont want to lighten the pull that much, but a more crisp trigger with quicker reset would be great.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Anyone know if I can use the stock springs with the Ultimate Easy fit XDM Trigger Kit? I would assume I could keep the pull weight up while still shortening up the pull and reset. What effect would adding the PRP sear have on the pull weight?

I used the factory springs for the trigger and sear. Works fine and I wouldn't want it any lighter for general use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i installed the ultmate prp trigger kit you need too tune it so thst it will work well you need too sand the sear .03000 of an inch to .05000 of an inch and you will need to fine tune the striker safety as well about .,02000/.03000 of an inch also the trigger stop needs sanding about .03500 you can use a file but it safer to use sand paper on a flat surface and remember only work with the back part of the gun first dont remove the trigger until you have installing the sear parts.. then when you are done then start the trigger ... the (prp ultmate trigger is great) pistolpete50

·
Registered
358 Posts
i installed the ultmate prp trigger kit you need too tune it so thst it will work well you need too sand the sear .03000 of an inch to .05000 of an inch and you will need to fine tune the striker safety as well about .,02000/.03000 of an inch also the trigger stop needs sanding about .03500 you can use a file but it safer to use sand paper on a flat surface and remember only work with the back part of the gun first dont remove the trigger until you have installing the sear parts.. then when you are done then start the trigger ... the (prp ultmate trigger is great) pistolpete50
dude... you're more precise than a CNC machine if you can sand down to .03000:D

sorry my science background and significant figures made me laugh about that, glad you like the trigger... how long did it take you for install?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I saw this topic mentions before but I figured I'd re ask it, I have the ultimate trigger not yet installed, it just came In the mail today, I was wondering if the trigger is still safe for carry ? I have a PPQ that I carry but with such a light pull I was wondering if anyone here carries their gun with the ultimate installed, now I know that it depends on the person and any gun cocked or not can be made safe depending on the amount of practice but still how touchy is the trigger. I have a cross breed on its way and I was wondering about carrying with that holster and the ultimate trigger setup. I also have a safariland holster on its way , I'm not so much worried about carrying with that. Thanks all who answer in advance. Also those who have used both the ultimate an factory springs how is it? Crisp? But more of a trigger pull, I will be using my XDM for matches but would also like to carry it hence why I'm asking and getting the trigger done.

·
Registered
41 Posts
actually they recommend between .003 to .005 on those parts to fit them not .03000 to .0500.I actually only had to lightly touch the sear for it to work smoothly and about .025 off the trigger stop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts