Springfield XD Forum banner

prp trigger too light to carry?

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  jerry806 
Hello to everyone! Long time reader first time poster. Here goes. I have a couple of XD's one being a .45 compact that I've been happily carryin concealed for some time. I just installed the Powder River easy install competion trigger kit. BOY what a difference and I'm afraid almost too much of a difference. The trigger pull after the install, which was a snap, is really light...Maybe 3-3.5 lbs? My concern is that it is TOO light and TOO short for worry free concealed carry. I have changed just the trigger spring back to the one I took out and all seems pretty comfy now(4.5-5# ?) but just wondered if anyone else finds the comp. trigger install to be too short and light for cc.
Thanks and look forward to being a "regular"
Jerry
Thats why I dont alter the triggers of any of my carry guns. I was told by a lawyer it can create liabilty issues and not help ur defense if u needed to us it for self defense or had some type of nd-ad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.