Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my XDS 4.0 9mm today and stripped her down to the bones to replace the springs with the pro trigger kit spring kit. I must say the trigger does feel much crisper now. Total time took about an hour, but I spent about 40 mins trying to figure out why the grip safety spring looked so much different than what I had seen in previous pictures and videos. Haha I then realized Springfield changed spring's shape and fictions recently. I was nervous about taking the xds apart because she is a different breed but all in all glad I did. Can't wait to test her on Saturday!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ive installed 3 of them now. Only one was post recall and the springs make a big difference in trigger pull. I had forgot how much until I compared mine with the kit to a friends with out it. His was definitely a few pounds more than mine on pull.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Since PRP doesn't offer a trigger kit for the XD-s series, I've ordered their spring kit for my 9mm. From the other posts here, it looks like it'll be a big improvement over the stock springs. PRP claims a decent reduction in the effort to pull the trigger, up to 2 lbs. I believe. Does that sound realistic?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Since PRP doesn't offer a trigger kit for the XD-s series, I've ordered their spring kit for my 9mm. From the other posts here, it looks like it'll be a big improvement over the stock springs. PRP claims a decent reduction in the effort to pull the trigger, up to 2 lbs. I believe. Does that sound realistic?

yes. Mine definitely was that much. According to another recent thread, springer is offering trigger jobs for about $75. You have to call them as its not listed on their website.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just had one installed in mine last week, trigger much better and better reset.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Although the factory trigger was not bad at all, I installed the springs on my new to me XDs9 today. Did my XDs45 a few months ago. Takes 3 hands but got er done.

Works flawlessly in the 45, I'll test the 9 tomorrow

·
Registered
199 Posts
Went to the range this morning and put 100 rds of WWB through the newly PRP'd XDS9 and it ran flawlessly. Bought it slightly used for $350 and it's a tack driver.

Also put 100 rds of Freedom Munitions 230 gr FMJ through the PRP'd XDS45 and it too....flawless. They were a handful, not for a novice shorter IMHO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wish I could find an XDs for 350, I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat too. Looks like I need TFOs and the PRP spring kit for my 4.0.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Although the factory trigger was not bad at all, I installed the springs on my new to me XDs9 today. Did my XDs45 a few months ago. Takes 3 hands but got er done.

Works flawlessly in the 45, I'll test the 9 tomorrow
How much did it lower the weight? Obviously you like it enough to buy more than one kit, so it must have helped some (to what degree?). I don't like the factory trigger :-(. $75 to Springer is more than Im willing to spend

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
How much did it lower the weight? Obviously you like it enough to buy more than one kit, so it must have helped some (to what degree?). I don't like the factory trigger :-(.
The full kit lowered mine by close to 2 lbs.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The full kit lowered mine by close to 2 lbs.
What is the difference in the Full kit?
I can get a brand spankin new one in all black for $465 out the door, but Id hate to lose the nice trigger on my XDm comp or M&P fullsize
What can I say, my first handgun was a 1911 & got very used to that trigger

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
What is the difference in the Full kit?
For me, replacing all of the springs in the kit yielded close to 2lb reduction in pull, ending up a bit over 5.5lbs. Some folks have either not replaced the striker spring or have had light strike issues with the replacement striker spring and have switched back to the factory spring afterward. In my case, the striker spring was responsible for about half or a little more of the reduction.

You will never get the XDs trigger to be anywhere near as good as a nice 1911 trigger though, so if that's your goal / expectation, you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
No,no i don't expect that at all. I'm not one of those, I own about 25 handguns. I know a few spring cannot work wonders. Was just hoping for something similar to my XD's, M&P, etc...

The "break" on the factory XDs was not to my liking. Hoping it could be resolved a tad.

Thanks for the info. Did you have any light primer strikes?

·
Registered
189 Posts
People are changing the grip safety spring and it reduces trigger weight?

I put the drop in kit with the lower power striker spring (not the blue one) and striker safety spring +titanium safety, with the lightest blue trigger spring.
Feels great didn't know there was more to be done.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Thanks for the info. Did you have any light primer strikes?
Nope. I've put hundreds of factory and reloaded rounds through it without a hitch since I installed the kit. Trigger is really nice now, much better than before the kit. I wish it was a shorter pull but until someone does a trigger assembly drop-in instead of just a spring kit I suppose it is about as good as it is going to get.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Post recall 3.3" XDS 45 with 800 to 900 rounds through it from soft reloads to +P.
6.5 pounds before spring kit, 6.5 pounds after spring kit. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I got the e-mail from Powder River that my spring kit has shipped. Hope to see it by tomorrow (Saturday) and get it installed. Report to follow on how well it reduces trigger pull.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I avoided all this nonsense of possible light strikes by keeping everything stock and just slightly pushing down on the Grip Safety Spring.

It now feel like a broken in Glock. Light, smooth, and buttery.
I'm thinking I may do the same. I'm highly encouraged by the results posted on here. I consider myself competent mechanically but doing a trigger kit is something I'm not sure I want to do. It looks easy but still lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts