Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Ultimate Easy Fit XDM Trigger Kit for my 3.8 9mm today.
How tough is it to put in? I am not a gunsmith but can work on mechanical assemblies with confidence. Just a little shy with the gun.

Should I have a gunsmith do the work or tackle it myself?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Piece of Cake. I've done 2 Ultimate Match trigger jobs and they were easy. With the Easy Fit, you don't have to fit a new sear (which is not hard, but can take some time). Make sure you watch the PRP you-tube videos which will take you through it, step by step. Make sure you have the proper size pin punches. Good Luck....

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've done two, with over 4000 rounds fired combined since the install. I absolutely love the PRP trigger kits. Not hard after watching their videos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep, it's easy. Like the Yosemite Sam lookin'-dude above said, the "Easy Fit" kits don't involve fitting a new sear, which can take a little work. Even then, it's super clear from the online instruction videos, an if you have any questions at all, just give Daniel a call or email and they're great to help you out.

Put one if their Ultimate Match kits in my XD40 and absolutely love it. My brother-in-law shot it this weekend against his brand-new model and was heading home to order one for me to install on his pistol. Can't explain how much if a difference it makes until you try it out. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I installed the ultimate match kit on my XD45 that came with a new sear and the sear did not require any fitting. The sear was perfact right out of the package. I did have to do a little filing on the safety and a little sanding on the trigger over travel. I prefure the slight fitting of parts because it allows me to get the tightes fit possible and still alow the gun to function 100%. Took me about 45 minutes from start to finish but I did work slowly as I am not a gun smith and did not want to scew up a $135.00 trigger. I also helped my son install the easy fit trigger kit on his XD9 which he did 99% of the work and this is the first time he has ever taken his XD apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts